I have never done anything to customize my guitar besides adding strap locks in, so that leaves the door wide open for confusion towards replacement pickups.

Here is my Guitar: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-1958-Explorer-Hardtail-Electric-Guitar?sku=517235

Here are the pickups I plan on getting: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP158-Evolution-Neck-Pickup?sku=302950

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP159-Evolution-Bridge-Pickup?sku=302960

My question is are there any sizes I should be concerned about? I'm going to get them professionally installed to avoid cutting corners. While I'm at it, should I get my guitar completely re-wired? I think this is a good idea because whenever I plug it in it starts buzzing pretty loud from time to time. I'm not too sure what is causing this problem exactly, but I'm assuming its a wiring issue. I would GREATLY appreciate it if people can help, and possibly give suggestions and comments. Thanks people.
I like how the JEM sounds a lot. Those are the same pickups. I play through a line 6 Spider 2 amp and play rock and metal for the most part. I know for sure its some sort of wiring problem with the buzzing, its much too loud to be anything else, too spontaneous as well. It has the same sound as when you touch the end of the cord while the other end is plugged in and you have distortion on.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Epiphone Goth 1958 Explorer
Ibanez GRX20Z

Basses:
Kramer Striker 422S
Ibanez GSR100Z
Fender 1973 Music Master

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II
Behringer BX1200

Pedals:
Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Well, pickups aren't goint to make an awful lot of difference through the spider, modelling amps don't really care what pickups you have. Als, the JEM is an alder guitar, your explorer is mahogany so they'll sound very difference.

Finally, are you positive you love the sound of the JEM? It could be that you've actually fallen in love with Steve Vai's Carvin Legacy amps and his $25,000 rack...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I've actually played a JEM before, so its not based off of how Steve Vai sounds (although I like his tone quite a bit). I realize that it wont sound much different through a Spider, but I'm going to get new amp eventually. Mahogany picks up higher registers better, so I want pickups that will do the trick, as my stock ones aren't too effective.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Epiphone Goth 1958 Explorer
Ibanez GRX20Z

Basses:
Kramer Striker 422S
Ibanez GSR100Z
Fender 1973 Music Master

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II
Behringer BX1200

Pedals:
Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Quote by RIPCLB
I've actually played a JEM before, so its not based off of how Steve Vai sounds (although I like his tone quite a bit). I realize that it wont sound much different through a Spider, but I'm going to get new amp eventually. Mahogany picks up higher registers better, so I want pickups that will do the trick, as my stock ones aren't too effective.

Mahogany is more low-end and lower mids - or did you mean to put alder? If you're looking to the future and want that top-end bite and clarity then there aren't many better choices than Evos, just remember that mahogany doesn't produce as many high-end frequencies in the first place so there's not as much for the pickup to augment. If you get Evo's and you don't get as much high end as you were hoping for (unlikely but you never know) then swap out the pots for 1 meg ones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com