Would it be best for a beginer like me on writing songs to start in standard? And is there any tips on how to write songs in different tunings? And is it easier writing songs in diferent tunings or harder? Thanks for any input!
Play in whatever tuning fits your song. It's pretty open ended. But basic songs using basic chords are in standard tuning so probably start there.
yeah, thats what i was thinking
but also are the scales the same in droped c? i mean like its pretty much the same as standard tuning just the low e is droped, so i just was wondering how id go about looking at the notes on the guitar if its in drop c
it doesnt matter which is great cause thats what makes music special
RAINBOW

I'm so punk that I hate punk
well drop c is like drop d, only a step down. and everythings the same it would just sound lower, with the exception of the low string, which is another step lower than everything else
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I write most stuff in C-Standard and Drop- A#. It sounds soo heavy! Great tunings for death metal and such.
I'm in Drop B. And the scales are the same, except it's going to sound darker and when it comes to the 6th string, you got to push the notes by 2 frets, because that string is tune a step lower. But it still sounds good if you don't push by 2 frets on that particular string.
thanks for all the input guys!

now you all are saying scales are the same, got that. but wouldnt the E string be play a bit diff from all the other scales since you know its droped and how would i go about playing the scale with the E string changed so like instead of going

E: 2-4 on the fret what would i do, ty
e: 1 - 2
B: 2 - 4
G: 1 - 3 - 4
D: 1 - 3 - 4
A: 1 - 2 - 4
E: 2 - 4

fig 2.
D: 2 - 4

see fig 2 is in drop d and when i play the 2 - 4 it doesnt sound right so what im askin is what would i play to make that scale sound right with the E string, and btw i forget what scale that is haha
Quote by burrrandon
E: 2 - 4

fig 2.
D: 2 - 4

see fig 2 is in drop d and when i play the 2 - 4 it doesnt sound right so what im askin is what would i play to make that scale sound right with the E string, and btw i forget what scale that is haha

fig 2.
D: 4 - 6
i find it easiest to look at it like this
D
A
F
C <- middle C
G
C <- low C

you would play the same notes (frets) on the low C that you would on the middle C. imo that really simplifies everything. you kinda just have to wrap yer brain around it and practice a little to get it into your head and hands.