i think we are presently on the 6G of mac, so would anyone know if the 5G is high def?
cause i have the eyetv 250, and elgato just came out with several cable boxes that does high def now! and since i run my xbox 360 through that, i wanted to know if upgrading would do me any good?

thanks in advance,
maestro
You mean you have a G5 Macintosh? There aren't any "G6" models as they dropped the Power PC a long time ago. Upgrading to Intel, however, would be worth the money if you are investing in the Mac Pro. Your G5 is comparable to the macbook processor though.

Most of the new Macs can run HD video very smoothly. Might I suggest staying away form the GMA integrated graphics cards and get one with a dedicated.
Quote by the spiker
You mean you have a G5 Macintosh? There aren't any "G6" models as they dropped the Power PC a long time ago. Upgrading to Intel, however, would be worth the money if you are investing in the Mac Pro. Your G5 is comparable to the macbook processor though.

Most of the new Macs can run HD video very smoothly. Might I suggest staying away form the GMA integrated graphics cards and get one with a dedicated.

i don't have the latest Mac. I have the one right before they put that weird looking black crap on the outside... is that one HD?
The black Macbook do not have an HD screen. They can, however, run HD video very smoothly. You can edit HD movies using various programs and they run well too. To have a high definition screen you either need to purchase the 17" Macbook Pro with the extra 1920x1080 option or purchas a 23" external lcd widecreen monitor and hook it up to whichever Mac you wish.