Poll: Wind Enengy Vote
Poll Options
View poll results: Wind Enengy Vote
Yes, I Would Vote for In Favor of the Installation.
34 94%
No, I Would Oppose it.
2 6%
Voters: 36.
Okay, so in my area, there is a bill trying to get windmalls installed on a nearby mountain town (not really a mountain, more of a tall hill). Many people are opposing it saying that it will tarnish the beauty of the town. Others say the aforementioned opposers are selfish and don't relize how important this is to the enviroment and the money we will save. So, I turn this to you, UG. Would you vote to have the windmalls installed, or oppose it? One rule: Think about if the town in question was yours. That way, you could get the point of view the people in the town.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Polls up.
i think they look pretty nice. we have protests here in scotland about that as well. selfish bstards worried they will lose house value...they wont have a fking house in 50 years it will be a houseboat
We have a lot of wind farms in our area. I actually took a field trip to one two years ago. I support wind farms wholeheartedly. Anyone who would seriously bring up aesthetics in a wind power argument needs to sit down and rethink his life.
how ugly could it be? and how pretty is your town?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
how ugly could it be? and how pretty is your town?

Well, I live closer in the city part of town, the people in question live in a much more rural area that I rarely travel to. My part of town is ugly. Not sure about theirs.
100%. Good. If you wouldn't vote for this you're a dumbass. There's some economic and ecological problems with windmills, but they can probably be dealt with, and "beauty of the town" concerns are ridiculous.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
Its not the look, its the noise. Windmills are louder then you think, especially in numbers.
Quote by johnmalkin
Its not the look, its the noise. Windmills are louder then you think, especially in numbers.

No, not really. I could stand in a field full of them, all running just fine, and not have a problem. The grain elevator down the street is actually louder than a wind farm.
it wont do much good however since china and india will destroy the planet but it makes people feel better
Make them look at it from a fiscal view. You could use the money saved from electricity made yourself and use the cash you no longer have to spend on outside electricity to do various things around your town. (Fix roads, build statues, new park etc.)
Quote by RHCP94
Okay, so in my area, there is a bill trying to get windmalls installed on a nearby mountain town (not really a mountain, more of a tall hill). Many people are opposing it saying that it will tarnish the beauty of the town. Others say the aforementioned opposers are selfish and don't relize how important this is to the enviroment and the money we will save. So, I turn this to you, UG. Would you vote to have the windmalls installed, or oppose it? One rule: Think about if the town in question was yours. That way, you could get the point of view the people in the town.

Dude the same thing happened in my town about a year ago. I think it funny cuz I live in Mass., So everyone is a huge liberal, so they said it it was going to be hurting The Berkshires beauty, but the same exact people are saying we need to stop burn oil and crap.
"Tarnish the beauty of the town?" Man, you can tarnish my ass for all I care if it means I get cheap electricity.
Quote by someguitarguy88
Make them look at it from a fiscal view. You could use the money saved from electricity made yourself and use the cash you no longer have to spend on outside electricity to do various things around your town. (Fix roads, build statues, new park etc.)

it doesnt work like that multinational corporations are getting licences from governments to build the windmills...there are huge profits being made..not much will be fed back.
Quote by gigadeth
it doesnt work like that multinational corporations are getting licences from governments to build the windmills...there are huge profits being made..not much will be fed back.

Uhhhh...to save the environment overall then? Awesome giant fans > Big flood
Quote by Guitarislife125
No proof of big flood =/= Giant fans

You're the kind of person I'm going to carve into a canoe if a flood does happen.
Quote by RHCP94
You're the kind of person I'm going to carve into a canoe if a flood does happen.

K.

Honestly, there hasn't been any definitive proof of a "20 foot rise in water level" like Al Gore predicts. The case against man-made global warming is a pretty big discussion right now.