anyone own one? I'm gonna take the cover off the bridge pickup for a little more punch, providing it can easily be put back on. some have the waxy stuff under the cover. if thats the case with mine, i'm not going to bother. anyone know? thx
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
It will have wax under the cover, removing the cover will make little to no sound difference.

Try raising the pickup, or messing with your amp.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
yeah...i'm not an idiot. I know how to use my amp. lol and how to tweak pickup height. i've seen millions of ppl remove the cover for the purpose of slightly more gain? i'm sure it's not for looks...
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
I'm pretty sure the only thing removing a pickup cover will accomplish is a mess. To my knowledge, pickups covers used to interfere and dull the sound more, but modern ones are pretty much trasparent.

If you're lacking punch or clarity, it's because it's an epiphone, I have the same problem with mine.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I Can't really complain about clarity or anything. I just wanted to try somthing different. like u said, It's an Epi...any improvement is an improvement.

and new pups, pedals and gear is out of the question right now. just got my school fee's paid.
but like I said, I'm just looking to change it up a bit. thx anyways
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
well with those pickups they are solderd and wax potted on and like somebody else aready said new pup covers are just for looks and their transparent. you cant put them back on after you take them off w. o potting them again if u take the waxoff and then slodering htem on
Ive seen someone take the covers off a pickup but you got to be careful. A paint strriper heat gun and a lot of patience is all you need. Also i dont know how hard it would be to put back on.
ok, if thats the case, then i'm not gonna bother, especially if it makes no difference. thanks for the info guys. cheers
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah