ok, i want to start getting into recording. i would be recording guitar now, eventually vocals and maybe keyboards and drums. i have $900 saved up. i dont have a job so i dont get an income, im willing to spend all of it but i would prefer not to. i have been looking at the presonus firepod as an interface and the shure sm57. should i get this? if not what would your opinions be on a better setup?

i would like a firewire interface by the way

It also has to be something that i can grow into and wont break or become obsolute in a short amount of time

im planning on getting a computer that has at least 2gb of RAM and at least 200gb of hard drive, what prosessor would compliment this setup?
Sounds like a good idea. At some point you will probably want to pick up a pack of drum mics (I recommend the Shure one) as well as a condenser or two - but you are off to a great start.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

thanks for the help. i think i saw this before in a different thread but im not sure, but i would need a firewire thing to put on my computer so i could pug the interface into it... what are some of my options?
Just head over to Newegg.com if you don't have a firewire card already and you can pick one up for about $15.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.