Poll: Which cause do you think is most needy
Poll Options
View poll results: Which cause do you think is most needy
The Earth (global warming, rainforest, etc.)
144 52%
Poverty (poor people including medical bills)
111 40%
Animals (wild animals that are forced out of their homes, like deer)
20 7%
Voters: 275.
Page 1 of 3
/repeat

choose for the hell of it
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
"animals, like deer" -lol, could have chosen something more dramatic like tigers or some sort of exotic bird.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Thornography
I voted for animals but thinking about it... without number 1 there is no number 3.

why i voted 1
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
poverty, fuck global warming
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by ep1kz
poverty, fuck global warming

Negliecting global warming = you go bye bye
Poverty.
Global warming isn't real!!!!!!!!!

How the hell is nuclear waste better than carbon dioxide?
That way of thinking will lead to the real problems with the Earth.
if we save the hobos.. then we can save up the money for global warming

later in about 50 years
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
Quote by Flibbertigibbet
Poverty.
Global warming isn't real!!!!!!!!!

How the hell is nuclear waste better than carbon dioxide?
That way of thinking will lead to the real problems with the Earth.

How much more evidence do we have to give people so that they figure out global warming is in fact, a VERY real problem!?
How about the education needed to spread into such as countries like South Africa and such as Iraq and such as?
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Alright, the Earth comes before all of that, because without it, nothing else would be.

What he said.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by paintITblack39
How about the education needed to spread into such as countries like South Africa and such as Iraq and such as?

As much as we've tried that, let's all give thanks to insane Priests who think that support groups are trying to kill/brainwash the children.
i personally dont beleive in global warming so im gonna go with the poor. poor people come before animals
empty the bullets from the chamber
Doing something about #1 will dramatically improve situations regarding #2 and #3 on a global scale. When the natural environment of an area is damaged or disrupted, everyone and everything in it suffers the consequences.

For those not voting #1 because they don't beleive global warming is true... bad call. Whether the world is heating up due to us or not, the destruction of the natural habitats of people and animals is still a bad thing. Even if cutting down the rainforest doesn't cause the world to get warmer, it still destroys the natural habitat of everything that lives in that area and leaves us with a barren mess.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Sep 25, 2007,
Quote by Dauntless
i personally dont beleive in global warming

Now that is just ignorant. There is absolutely no way any sane person could deny that the Earth is getting warmer.

You may disagree that humans are the cause, and that is fine. But you can't deny that the Earth is getting warmer.

Ramble... Ramble... Ramble...
Quote by Dirge Humani
Now that is just ignorant. There is absolutely no way any sane person could deny that the Earth is getting warmer.

You may disagree that humans are the cause, and that is fine. But you can't deny that the Earth is getting warmer.

Ramble... Ramble... Ramble...

dude you sound like al gore. the earth is getting warmer but not enough to matter, have you noticed that most polls show that around the earth the average temperature has only gone up like 1 degree in the last 20 years. i seriously doubt thats gonna kill the animals, melt the icecaps, destroy the atmosphere ect.
empty the bullets from the chamber
Quote by someguitarguy88
How much more evidence do we have to give people so that they figure out global warming is in fact, a VERY real problem!?

global warming isn't real.
at least in the way most people understand it. in that it is caused by humans.
it's a farce that has fooled millions of ignorant people.

humans have not kept records long enough to know if there are any serious long term climate changes going on right now. but we are just coming out of an ice age, so it makes sense that the world would be getting warmer. so it probably is. but no matter what people tell you, we haven't paid attention long enough to know if it is. 200 years worth of data is pretty useless.

secondly, i'm not going to do the math right now because i'm lazy and don't feel like looking up or crunching the numbers, but i've shown it to people before. think of how big the atmosphere is.

that is:

(4/3(pi)r,atmosphere^3)-(4/3(pi)(r,earth^3)

i'm not gonna crunch the numbers, but the atmostpehre is ****in huge. it would take more CO2 then we could even think about producing to ever have any sort of significant effect on the molecular make up in the atmosphere.

ask any real scientist that hasn't been bought out.
Quote by garden of grey
Poverty and extinction are current problems (Especially poverty), recovering from full scale global warming would be impossible for humans.

Correct.

And those of you saying you don't believe in global warming; what kind of ignorant @$$ hole are you? Global warming is real, even the f*cking neo-conservative morons in the Republican party of the United States admit it's real. Now they're just trying to twist it into being a "natural occurrence" rather than the obvious truth: CO2 insulates the atmosphere, thus temperatures go up globally. Nuclear isn't the answer either, though personally I'm in favor of it as a stop-gap measure to allow solar/wind/wave/etc the time it needs to become realistically, and economically viable.
Quote by Caustic
Doing something about #1 will dramatically improve situations regarding #2 and #3 on a global scale. When the natural environment of an area is damaged or disrupted, everyone and everything in it suffers the consequences.

For those not voting #1 because they don't beleive global warming is true... bad call. Whether the world is heating up due to us or not, the destruction of the natural habitats of people and animals is still a bad thing. Even if cutting down the rainforest doesn't cause the world to get warmer, it still destroys the natural habitat of everything that lives in that area and leaves us with a barren mess.

not if you put a city there afterwards

and what you're saying is basically number 3 anyway. but i voted for 2. humans>animlas
Quote by RadioMuse
Correct.

And those of you saying you don't believe in global warming; what kind of ignorant @$$ hole are you? Global warming is real, even the f*cking neo-conservative morons in the Republican party of the United States admit it's real. Now they're just trying to twist it into being a "natural occurrence" rather than the obvious truth: CO2 insulates the atmosphere, thus temperatures go up globally. Nuclear isn't the answer either, though personally I'm in favor of it as a stop-gap measure to allow solar/wind/wave/etc the time it needs to become realistically, and economically viable.

Yes, Co2 does contribute to global insulation but it's so minimal compared to water vapour and other gases it's ridiculous. Then a small fraction of that fraction is man made.

Climate change is real, history shows this.
Quote by kidsthesedays
not if you put a city there afterwards

and what you're saying is basically number 3 anyway. but i voted for 2. humans>animlas

Urbanisation is as much a destruction of the environment as anything else you care to name. And humans would not be here if it weren't for animals. We rely on animals and insects. The entire worlds eco-system does. Fail.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Sep 25, 2007,
Quote by Caustic
Urbanisation is as much a destruction of the environment as anything else you care to name. And humans would not be here if it weren't for animals. We rely on animals and insects. The entire worlds eco-system does. Fail.

someone doesn't understand sarcasm...
Quote by kidsthesedays
someone doesn't understand sarcasm...

Someone is far too used to people saying that and meaning it.
#1 would be my choice.

without #1, we dont have #2 or #3.

the earth was here long before us and the animals, and will be here long after we are all gone.
Quote by Dauntless
dude you sound like al gore.

That's odd, I didn't see a cheeseburger anywhere
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by kidsthesedays
global warming isn't real.
at least in the way most people understand it. in that it is caused by humans.
it's a farce that has fooled millions of ignorant people.

humans have not kept records long enough to know if there are any serious long term climate changes going on right now. but we are just coming out of an ice age, so it makes sense that the world would be getting warmer. so it probably is. but no matter what people tell you, we haven't paid attention long enough to know if it is. 200 years worth of data is pretty useless.

secondly, i'm not going to do the math right now because i'm lazy and don't feel like looking up or crunching the numbers, but i've shown it to people before. think of how big the atmosphere is.

that is:

(4/3(pi)r,atmosphere^3)-(4/3(pi)(r,earth^3)

i'm not gonna crunch the numbers, but the atmostpehre is ****in huge. it would take more CO2 then we could even think about producing to ever have any sort of significant effect on the molecular make up in the atmosphere.

ask any real scientist that hasn't been bought out.

+1
Last edited by Flibbertigibbet at Sep 25, 2007,
Animals. Because "global warming" is going to happen anyways.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
All of them

it's like choosing what do you need more, food or clothing?...both are basic needs
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

The Earth

duh.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Quote by someguitarguy88

enough to prove Al Gore isn't a giant douche.

and that's a hell of a lot of evidence.
Page 1 of 3