Page 1 of 2
Does anyone else feel this way? Like all the work and effort is pointless? It has no meaning?

I'm talking about school and most of the things outside of it (all the things we work for), i'm told to put in hours of memorizing and studying which I do but as of late I just don't have the motivation. Yes it'll lead to a good college and a good job with a stable pay and all that but to me it seems there is much more to life.
I always read stories and hear about people who gave their time and sometimes even more in order to protect loved ones or help a large group of people. I'm sure a good education can also help with this but I just don't see how I could make anymore of a difference or be of any real significance by knowing wavelengths of certain photons and what not. I could be a chemist or a lawyer or whatever else, but in the end it's just a job for money...

I don't want this to be a rant about someone who's too lazy to do his school work but more so it seems the system and our lives are standardized, we learn basic things and get a basic job and well....just end.

Maybe i'm just not thinking this through well enough, I doubt I even put my idea across properly. Kudos to anyone that read or understood this much, if not feel free to ignore this post it's just one of those thoughts.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Don't...do...it. You can not fight the system!! Go through the machine like all the other sheep!!
I agree with the part about school. Almost everything we learn will never be used outside of school.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
give in to the war machine. yes our lives are standardized to a degree. But whereas you may want to be the poor sap who ends up cleaning public restrooms for 20 bucks a day. I sure as sugar don't.

basically put it this way:

do well in school, or you're ****ed for the rest of your life.
billions of years ago existance was just a tiny little compressed atom of energy. then it just exploded. a bunch of chemical stuff happened, a bunch of firey balls and rocks started floating here and there, we just happen to be some walking organisms on one of those rocks.

so technically your right, but why think of it that way? make the most of life. enjoy it
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by devilscruffs14
give in to the war machine. yes our lives are standardized to a degree. But whereas you may want to be the poor sap who ends up cleaning public restrooms for 20 bucks a day. I sure as sugar don't.

basically put it this way:

do well in school, or you're ****ed for the rest of your life.

MILITARY FTW!!!!
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
You know how you cure that meaninglessness? Give your life meaning. Start something. Take some important role in something. Become something people will come to.

I'm not saying start a gang or anything, just do something.

Me and my friends started feeling this way, so we started our own fight club. Gives me something to look forward to every week. Some way to release stress. It's ****ing incredible.

First week we had 8 or so people, and it just kept growing, you'd be surprised how many people want to get their asses kicked.

Of course, keep up with your school ****. I've been a dumbass and slacked off through school, and I'm paying for it big time. Kinda sucks considering how easy learning is for me. The letter is all that matters though.
BOLD.
All our lives we are prepared for one thing, productivity. An unproductive society will not survive, and isn't it basic human function to survive?
"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold."
yeah man, school sucks, it's like they get you in there to learn things you dont wanna learn, like chemics or phisycs. i dont really see a point of learning that, as we will never use it.

they should eliminate the last 2 grades of elementary school and whole middle and high school to take us directly to what we wanna do (university, musci colege, football pro training, etc), and if you are not shure of what you wanna study, you go to middle and highschool until you decide
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by maddd0g

Me and my friends started feeling this way, so we started our own fight club. Gives me something to look forward to every week. Some way to release stress. It's ****ing incredible.

First week we had 8 or so people, and it just kept growing, you'd be surprised how many people want to get their asses kicked.

You just broke rule number one of your club.
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Quote by rage6945
billions of years ago existance was just a tiny little compressed atom of energy. then it just exploded. a bunch of chemical stuff happened, a bunch of firey balls and rocks started floating here and there, we just happen to be some walking organisms on one of those rocks.

so technically your right, but why think of it that way? make the most of life. enjoy it

sry bout the double post but i have to correct you.

Billions of years ago there was absolute squat. when people think of the big bang, they think of a little point hanging in the air when suddenly it goes boom. this is not true. way back then there was nothing. absolutely nothing. it wasn't even an atom. it was an infinitesimally small space. Its hard to say how suddenly there was something, and that thatsomething had come from nothing, but it did. and thank god it did too.

this is the kind of **** you learn at school, completely useless, but it makes you sound smart and you can pretend to be smart on the world-wide-internetz.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Does anyone else feel this way? Like all the work and effort is pointless? It has no meaning?

I'm talking about school and most of the things outside of it (all the things we work for), i'm told to put in hours of memorizing and studying which I do but as of late I just don't have the motivation. Yes it'll lead to a good college and a good job with a stable pay and all that but to me it seems there is much more to life.
I always read stories and hear about people who gave their time and sometimes even more in order to protect loved ones or help a large group of people. I'm sure a good education can also help with this but I just don't see how I could make anymore of a difference or be of any real significance by knowing wavelengths of certain photons and what not. I could be a chemist or a lawyer or whatever else, but in the end it's just a job for money...

I don't want this to be a rant about someone who's too lazy to do his school work but more so it seems the system and our lives are standardized, we learn basic things and get a basic job and well....just end.

Maybe i'm just not thinking this through well enough, I doubt I even put my idea across properly. Kudos to anyone that read or understood this much, if not feel free to ignore this post it's just one of those thoughts.

you can always try to carve your own nitch in the world, of course if your too lazy to do that, then your just lazy and things ARENT standardized, and just seem so so you wont feel lazy.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
I agree with the part about school. Almost everything we learn will never be used outside of school.

Yeah, i will most definately never need to know what an infinitive is in the real world.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
i know what you mean and this is the answer

all that stuff your talking about like money and a status and crap, it only has meaning because society has given it meaning. which means, all this ****te is about what society wants. its really sad because you cant ever really live unless you have a high status and alot of money
Quote by TechnicolorBoy

i always say that. you technicolorboy are smart
R.I.P. Kurt Cobain
Quote by mathieupM13
If you want to see scary pics you should google Rosie O’Donnell
Quote by ldnovelo
yeah man, school sucks, it's like they get you in there to learn things you dont wanna learn, like chemics or phisycs. i dont really see a point of learning that, as we will never use it.

they should eliminate the last 2 grades of elementary school and whole middle and high school to take us directly to what we wanna do (university, musci colege, football pro training, etc), and if you are not shure of what you wanna study, you go to middle and highschool until you decide

I lol'd at this post. u r funy.
Quote by rage6945

well, my point is, whats the need to know that? we can just live whitout knowing that. do you think steve vai or zidane or osama bin laden care about that? HELL NO!!!¡¡¡
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by adamungar1

That rule is pointless in this context, you don't me, I don't know you. You will never know me, I will never know you. And besides, how would anyone have found out about it without directly or indirectly communicating that it exists?
BOLD.
it called being a teenager
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Why not just enjoy learning about the world? Be happy with the fact that you're constantly learning new things, and in the future, you'll be all the better for it.
Quote by rage6945

Okay, without starting a large debate, and christianity aside, evolution is the most illogical argument for existance ever. And not to mention it's so bleak. we all just die. there is nothing to live for at all. Heck man, religion is what does it for me. It gives me something to live for. Even if it's not christianity, religions give you something to live for, besides trying to explain the miracles of life with facts.

seriously, those who believe in evolution, what happens if you're right? nothing
what happens if i'm right? there's your logic.

sorry, tangent rant. to answer your question, try religion man. Now that's an answer you won't hear in the pit too often.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
You guys don't get it... they teach stuff that you wont need (Advanced math fuctions for example) so that you can analyse complex problems and learn new things quickly and effectively.
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by yawn
Why not just enjoy learning about the world? Be happy with the fact that you're constantly learning new things, and in the future, you'll be all the better for it.

will knowing the negative charge or the ions make a better world??? i dont think so

to cynox: dude, that doesnt help to understand things faster and easily, it confuses more
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

I see what you mean, that's where guitar comes in for me like maddd0g's fight club (neat idea BTW.) but more than a meaning....I want to make a real impact you know?
Something that would really make a difference for our future and anyone else's. I'm hoping if I can go into medicine then I can save lives but even that seems to be more and more about money these days. Less about patients and more about insurance polocies. Back in the old days, people would defend their freedom and risk their lives....that sort of thing doesn't seem to exist anymore.

And thanks for the replies a lot of those helped with the perspective of things.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by adamungar1

lol
Quote by ldnovelo
will knowing the negative charge or the ions make a better world??? i dont think so

It has, and it will continue to.

If you think science is not important, you still have some learning to do.
BOLD.
i feel the same way.
CONFORM! haha

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
did this guy watch fight club to many times lol im sorry ur but hes not brad pitt
n i no wat ts is sayin i feel the same way fight the power!!!we shud make
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by zeppelinpage4
I see what you mean, that's where guitar comes in for me like maddd0g's fight club (neat idea BTW.) but more than a meaning....I want to make a real impact you know?
Something that would really make a difference for our future and anyone else's. I'm hoping if I can go into medicine then I can save lives but even that seems to be more and more about money these days. Less about patients and more about insurance polocies. Back in the old days, people would defend their freedom and risk their lives....that sort of thing doesn't seem to exist anymore.

And thanks for the replies a lot of those helped with the perspective of things.

yeah man and thats whats sending the wolrd to a sh*t, people just worry for how much money they will make for 10,000 trees of the amazon, but dont care for who or what they are damaging, and that sucks
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

you have to beat the system from the inside. do what you have to until you can do what ever you want to find meaning in your life but dont wait to long.
Quote by brooklynsoulja1
did this guy watch fight club to many times lol im sorry ur but hes not brad pitt
n i no wat ts is sayin i feel the same way fight the power!!!we shud make

I've only seen the movie twice. It's just an all around fun thing to do. It gives me motivation to get in shape, it gives me something to look forward to, it relieves stress, it brings friends closer.

It's nothing but beneficial.

I do not think I'm Brad Pitt, although I wouldn't mind being him.

And, pay more attention in english class.
BOLD.
I like learning new things, knowledge is so nice. So school can be really cool at times. But you have to create your own point, or try to enjoy life for what it is, if not change it, if you can't, die trying, or give up.
Quote by maddd0g
It has, and it will continue to.

If you think science is not important, you still have some learning to do.

tell me something that has improved with that, somwthing that REALLY helps people, not makes them lazier

i think thats zeppelingpage's point, that most things invented today just help people work less, and make us more idiots. maybe you will kill me for this comment, but UG is an example. 30 years ago, people had to hear the songs a lot of times to take it out, and they got the songs and their ear got better, and then they played more difficult songs whitout tabs, but now, you just tipe www.Ultimate-guitar.com and use the search bar and !wow¡ you just know the songs you can play.

im not saying i hate UG, cuz i use it, and people who use it also train their ear (especially tab submitters), but its not the same to learn stairway to heaven here (easy) than have it all by ear.

my 3.50 dollars
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Good post, exactly how I feel. I mean, it's like theres a choice of maybe 50 tunnels, and you HAVE to go down one of them, and follow it to the end. Theres no doing your own thing, you MUST follow it. The world is making it life out to be like that, where theres millions of people living near the exact same life as each other.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Quote by maddd0g
I've only seen the movie twice. It's just an all around fun thing to do. It gives me motivation to get in shape, it gives me something to look forward to, it relieves stress, it brings friends closer.

It's nothing but beneficial.

I do not think I'm Brad Pitt, although I wouldn't mind being him.

And, pay more attention in english class.

lol i get that to much my grammer is perfekt i choose not to type on the computer correct because it just takes up more time n im lazy.I think Fight Club was a spectacular movie indeed.I wish to be in a fight club myself.I would very much enjoy it because the thrill of fighting is overwhelming.

btw grammer sukz ballz haha FGHT DA POWAAAA!!
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by ldnovelo
tell me something that has improved with that, somwthing that REALLY helps people, not makes them lazier

i think thats zeppelingpage's point, that most things invented today just help people work less, and make us more idiots. maybe you will kill me for this comment, but UG is an example. 30 years ago, people had to hear the songs a lot of times to take it out, and they got the songs and their ear got better, and then they played more difficult songs whitout tabs, but now, you just tipe www.Ultimate-guitar.com and use the search bar and !wow¡ you just know the songs you can play.

im not saying i hate UG, cuz i use it, and people who use it also train their ear (especially tab submitters), but its not the same to learn stairway to heaven here (easy) than have it all by ear.

my 3.50 dollars

Science isn't just about the internet, or some stupid little invention to make our lives easier. It helps us understand our surroundings. Do you think the average life expectancy in 1st world countries is around 70 years of age by chance?

Try to consider things a little deeper.

And, the things you are taught in school, are not all about what they are teaching you.

School is designed to shape you into a productive individual. Your grades are hardly a reflection of intelligence, but rather the result of putting forth a little effort. You demonstrate a good work ethic, you get rewarded. It's not about being smart, it's about being a good worker.
BOLD.
I think what a lot of people fail to see is that you are not going to school to learn what they are teaching you. That is not the point. A few things are pretty good to know, but by and by you wont need almost everything.

No, you are going to school to learn how to learn, how to develop discipline, and form good work habits.
Last edited by NorseGodofRock at Sep 26, 2007,
Page 1 of 2