During the summer, ocne I buy my accoustic guitar, I'm thinking about doing some street performances in Downtown Chicago (as I can easily get there on the train for the weekend)

I was wondering what kind of songs would be best to play. Should they be modern with singing, modern without singing, jazz, classical, what?
I always thought the blues was the best for single person busking. Also some acoustic rock like Neil Young, Bob Dylan, some Beatles.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I'm not lookin' to get a lot of money.. Just give people some backround music to their life.
You live in chicago? if your in highscoll which highschol you go to. I play alot of stuff just infront my house and the park nearby. Just do stuff people will know. Have you classics for the all ages and modern stuff when friends or kids are around.
Smile alot today... okay?
What part of Chicago? You could probably get away with anything.
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
Quote by Sumthing Catchy
You live in chicago? if your in highscoll which highschol you go to. I play alot of stuff just infront my house and the park nearby. Just do stuff people will know. Have you classics for the all ages and modern stuff when friends or kids are around.

Haha, I don't live in chicago. I take the train in on the weekends sometimes though. ^.^ And I'm not sharing my highschool online. You silly people.
Quote by super666fender
B marley woudl be sweeet, get a bassist to tag along to

haha.. if I could bring a bassist, I'd just play bass and get a guitarist to join me. :P but there's no electricity out on the streets.. unless we get a lot of extention cor....

you know, I might just bring my whole band one day and a lot of extention cords. lol. ^.^
Quote by brendan666
Your kidding, right?

Honestly, TS, just bring an acoustic and play some of those open chord songs and sing to it. Its easy and there almost no chance you'll mess up, and anyway, randoms can't tell if your good at guitar or not. People normally think guitarist's who just play chord are good.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Last edited by demonofthenight at Sep 25, 2007,
I used to live in Schaumburg which isn't far from Chicago. God I miss that place.
Quote by SteelToedGirl
haha.. if I could bring a bassist, I'd just play bass and get a guitarist to join me. :P but there's no electricity out on the streets.. unless we get a lot of extention cor....

you know, I might just bring my whole band one day and a lot of extention cords. lol. ^.^

There are such things as an acoustic bass...

And is the plural of bass basses? It looks weird to me but it seems the only way.
Quote by zombie_monster

And is the plural of bass basses? It looks weird to me but it seems the only way.

yes
Quote by zombie_monster

I think it is basses... which does look weird.. 0.o

The accoustic basses don't project as much as accoustic guitars, so I'd still need at least a small amp to match with the guitar.. Mainly it's just for sound effect, not independence.
Quote by RHCP94
I always thought the blues was the best for single person busking. Also some acoustic rock like Neil Young, Bob Dylan, some Beatles.

Yeah lots of beatles, neil young. marshal tucker, and do some classics on acoustic, like some Michael Jackson, Whitney.

Do some of this

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=heth+and+jed&search=Search

They are great. I always see them before i get on the train to go home (from school)