this dude is selling a new 2007 LP standard 50s neck, so he says. ive seen some red flags in the way hes handling the sale but it comes down to does this look real? the truss rod cover screws check is good, i couldnt tell if the Gibson logo was at enough of an angle...

Quote by basketcase23
Since you have a pic of the serial number you could email Gibson and ask if it's legit.

The issue is that I can't tell what all those numbers are for sure. And the guy said this guitar is "all shipped up nice and tight and doesn't want to open it" so I cant get verification. Anyone actually read the serial clearly? thanks a whole lot if you can
send a pic to gibson.

how much is he selling it for?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
it looks like maby 0111403
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
i was gonna say: just play/try it out and see if it feels and sounds like a LP...
But since ur getting it shipped....i dont know how to verify if its original
Hey Jenny, that little symbol in the lower right hand corner of those pics. Does that look familiar? Could those be pictures taken at the Gibson factory? Check out the stuff in the background. I'm suspicious those are possibly some Gibson advertising pics and that the whole thing may be a scam. I'm just the suspicious type.
Quote by SoLgEr
it looks like maby 0111403

thats what i thought too, and thats not a valid number,
the pattern is YDDDYPPP

Y = year
D= date
P= production number
Quote by makuserusukotto
thats what i thought too, and thats not a valid number,
the pattern is YDDDYPPP

Y = year
D= date
P= production number

Yea, what the hell is up with that?

Also the background, when I flipped the images, looks like a music store maybe? I see like music stands and maybe a guy sitting down playing an instrument
id say the number is either 0111403 or 0111603, or possible 0111803
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
Quote by jj1565
send a pic to gibson.

how much is he selling it for?

$1300 new. he made some excuse about why it's so cheap, dont think I believe that but im not sure
To inject a second opinion...

From here:

Quote by Gibson
NOTE - Gibson USA goes to a 9 digit serial number in early July 2005..
The sixth number is now a batch number- batch 0 starts at the beginning of the day, and once we stamp 699, the batch number will change to 1. The first 5 numbers remain the same, the last 3 numbers will remain the same. The only difference is the addition of this batch indicator.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
If he took those pictures himself he should be able to mail versions to you that don't have the watermark in the corner...

...and also, it's quite obvious that there's something more after the 3 in that serial number.

Edit: Pifty beat me to it... I'm not sure if that last digit is definitely a 5, but it might be.
i dont like it. id contact gibson before i touched it.
also, depending on the company ur shipping it from, id look for a better business info on him. he's got some sort of warehouse or shop there.

unless he's ripped off the pics there like suggested.

i mean why cant he give you a serial number? why wouldnt he have that info on hand.
where is he shipping it from?

they just closed a local shop around here for selling great looking gibby fakes.

ill get you the story, it was just this week.

edit:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-liguit195381104sep19,0,7257368.story

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 25, 2007,
Quote by pifty
To inject a second opinion...

From here:

hmm, didnt know they did that (all my gibsons are from before 05

so it appears to be real, but not an 07, its an 06
guitar dater says:
Your guitar was made at the
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
April 21st, 2006
Production Number: 15
Quote by jj1565
i dont like it. id contact gibson before i touched it.
also, depending on the company ur shipping it from, id look for a better business info on him. he's got some sort of warehouse or shop there.

unless he's ripped off the pics there like suggested.

i mean why cant he give you a serial number? why wouldnt he have that info on hand.
where is he shipping it from?

they just closed a local shop around here for selling great looking gibby fakes.

ill get you the story, it was just this week.

edit:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-liguit195381104sep19,0,7257368.story

he sent one more pic that is like the first but I told him to write my username on a piece of paper next to it, which he did. so he def has the guitar in his possesion that or he told someon to do it...not like that point matters much but..

its shipping from Chattanooga, TN. he told me if he had to open up all the wrapping and packin he did hed just go sell it to someone else because "he has other offers".

And wow at that news story
Last edited by thoranium at Sep 25, 2007,
Quote by makuserusukotto
guitar dater says:
Your guitar was made at the
Nashville Plant, TN, USA
April 21st, 2006
Production Number: 15

The guy told me it was made in Nashville. I'm not sure if most are though
LAF ok well, i dont think id beleive the "ive got other offers" thing.

anyhoo, you're a smart guy, im sure u can convince him to open it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by makuserusukotto
hmm, didnt know they did that (all my gibsons are from before 05

so it appears to be real, but not an 07, its an 06

I'm no Gibby expert by any means, just thought I'd mention what I'm seeing on the pic.

I personally would never sell (and never have sold) any of my guitars on the bay without posting a Maxim-level high resolution photoshoot of the instrument. Especially for something so counterfeit-risky as a Gibson. However, a lot of people do that for all sorts of reasons (like their only digital camera is in their 2002 Motorola), and those are often valid sales. So be vigilant.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
There's something about the S/N and the "Made in USA" that is bugging me. On the Gibsons I've seen they're pressed into the wood, those look like decals to me. It may just be the photo though.
its not worth the riskk...call his bullshiitt tell him to "sell it to the other offers" if he does mabey he was trying to snake u mabey he had other offers...if he dont have other offers and he is for real then he will take it out of the box.
I dont like the pictures. if he was a good seller, he would be happy to open it up.

plus, who the hell seals up an item before its sold? i dont, incase the buyer wants to pick it up, or wants to play it before they commit to bid (hasnt happened, but just in case) i also dont like the pictures, if he cant get you better ones, thes screw him.

plus, what is his feedback?
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
So I got this response after persisting on him take the guitar out of the box:
"JUST AS I STATED IT IS A NEW GIBSON ONLY PLAYED ONCE I PURCHASED IT NEW IN THE BOX AND AS I STATED IT IS GENUINE... GIBSON DOESNT ALLOW "BRAND NEW" UNLESS YOUR A DEALER I BUY THEM AS IS WITH PAPERS AND CASE INCLUDED. YOUVE DONE MORE HOMEWORK ON THE ITEM THAN EVEN MYSELF THATS GOOD THAT YOUVE PROVEN TO YOURSELF THAT ITS REAL JUST AS I STATED. I ASSUME THE LES PAUL WAS 07 BECAUSE IT WAS PURCHASED IN 07 NEW IN THE BOX AND CASE AND ITS JUST A GREAT BARGAIN EVEN STILL.... IM GLAD FOR THAT INFORMATION ILL PASS IT ON... THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST........"

That email, along with about 15 others I've sent to him asking simple questions he avoids, makes me conclude that he's one stupid mother ****er

Hey guys get a load of this, just read it in my email:

"Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller."
Last edited by thoranium at Sep 26, 2007,
toshay! meow.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

IF YOU WRITE LIKE THIS IN A EMAIL I'D SERIOUSLY WONDER IF IT'S A FAKE...

Well that second email kind of proved it...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
ebay rule: if something looks to good to be true, it probably is

i'd never buy something from a guy who avoids questions.
Quote by uldhppi
Hey Jenny, that little symbol in the lower right hand corner of those pics. Does that look familiar? Could those be pictures taken at the Gibson factory? Check out the stuff in the background. I'm suspicious those are possibly some Gibson advertising pics and that the whole thing may be a scam. I'm just the suspicious type.

That's the eBay watermark.
Humility and good spelling are virtues, not your mortal enemy.