im mainly a bedroom guitarist with occasional jam sessions, ect.. so i was looking at the metal muff for playing heavier stuff, but im wondering if itll work out okay through my little epi valve jr. (5 watt tube) or my crappy fender frontman 25R. I play a schecter c-1+ and fender strat, mainly with my tubescreamer and i think it sounds pretty good.

so i guess im wondering weather i should spend the close to 100$ on the metal muff or just save up and buy a tube amp with more features/gain... even though i dont really need power at the moment... and am also graduating next summer so i need all the money i can get.
the valve junior is going to sounds ton better than the 25r imo.. i say give it a shot.
Gear:

American Strat
Epiphone Valve JR head - Volume Mod'ed
Custom 1x12 with Private Jack speaker
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Boss DS-2 Distortion
Boss MT-2 MetalZone
Ebow

Gretsch Acoustic
here is the funny thing.

i own a Metal muff
an epi valve junior
a 25R
a tube screamer
a c1+ and strats.

so get out of my head, and...

so ok, yeah i like how a MM sounds thru a valve jr head and cab. not the combo.

it's not the be all end all. and im not a "metal" player. but it is ok for the money.
the treble boost is too high end for my taste, but i can dial an ok amount of gain, without it getting too "digital" sounding.

also i love my 25 R since i swapped out the speaker for an eminence ragin cajun.
i play all my acousitcs/e's and clean practice on it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 25, 2007,
haha thats funny, and yeah i kinda like the 25R clean sound.

but im not a complete metal player either, so i think ill go for it, thanks for the advice

where are you in new york? maybe youre in a screwed up parallel universe or something
^haha oh yeah ur in new york too.

im about a half hour north of NYC.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
ah okay im in upstate ny, ithaca

i guess the whole parallel universe thing wouldnt work out then, oh well
Epi VJ cranked(Weber attenuator) + OCD = Sex.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I use a VJ with a metal muff. Using either a Marshall 1936 cab, or a custom one with a G12t-75 & a Vintage 30.

It rocks. It's loud enough to gig with too.