Ok, im in the market for a new amp, im looking for a tube head. My budget is 600$USD.
I play things like RHCP, Pearl Jam, The Pillows, and other alt rock-ish stuff, with some blues. no need for the amp to do any sort of high-gain metal or anything. The two main amps ive been looking at that are in my price range are the Orange Tiny Terror and the Crate Palomino(sp) 32VH. Would either of thoes be alright for what im playing, and what are some alternatives? Any help will be appreciated.
i think the Tiny Terror would do nicely. $600 for a decent amp head is kinda tight budget, but if you can look used, a used JCM800 might be okay too. do you gig/jam with a loud drummer?

and uh... why head?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
i think the Tiny Terror would do nicely. $600 for a decent amp head is kinda tight budget, but if you can look used, a used JCM800 might be okay too. do you gig/jam with a loud drummer?

and uh... why head?

a head because i go between two houses frequently and have a cab at each house, so it would be easier to take a head than a combo.

and no, i never really play with a drummer, just a bassist

edit: i didnt know you could find a JCM800 for $600, my friend has one and i love how it sounds, but i always thought they were more than that (even used)
Last edited by makuserusukotto at Sep 26, 2007,
^cool.

yes. go buy a tiny terror. be a happy man before some kid comes in recommending First Act amps... god.

JCM800s under $600 is hard to find on eBay, but there are many cases people here bought them for under 600. I've seen many auctions (i'm 17 so can't buy from eBay) that ended up going for less than 600 too.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
crate v50

i hear the stock sovteks in it suck though
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by ECistheBest
^cool.

yes. go buy a tiny terror. be a happy man before some kid comes in recommending First Act amps... god.

JCM800s under $600 is hard to find on eBay, but there are many cases people here bought them for under 600. I've seen many auctions (i'm 17 so can't buy from eBay) that ended up going for less than 600 too.

haha, first act makes amps?
Quote by the boogieman
crate v50

i hear the stock sovteks in it suck though

sovteks aren't bad. they're just groove tube matched sovteks aren't they?

i prefer tung-sols though.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard