Ha, another thread.
But like yeah, what would you get?
Fender Telecaster,(State what kind)
Fender Stratocaster, (State what kind)
or an Epiphone. (State what kind)

Cause i'm kind of choosing on which ones i should get, and i want some feedback on what other people would get.
what style do you play and what is your budget ?
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Epi LP Custom
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
A Strat could do fine for rock and jazz, it'd be severely lacking for metal though. A Les Paul would handle the metal and rock fine, not entirely sold on the jazz though. An Epi semi-hollowbody would be good for jazz, possibly rock, but not metal. An Epi SG would be in about the same position as the LP, possibly a bit more suitable for metal and less so for jazz. Telecaster, I just would never touch, but that's just me.
Then bear in mind that there's a big difference in playability between each type. In fact you really need to try everything out and find what neck profile/weight/etc suits you best, as that will have more impact on your playing than anything else.

Also, it'd help to know what amp you have.
I have a gay amp, trust me, i might be getting a new one while getting a new guitar.
But like, so i guess a strat would be mostly for me, cause i barely do metal, mostly rock and jazz, but the looks of the epiphones are killing me> :[
I think you should get an MIM Fender HH Strat, I think you can get one for like $400 on the guitar center website.
Last edited by david_highland at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by raddxprep
I have a gay amp, trust me, i might be getting a new one while getting a new guitar.
But like, so i guess a strat would be mostly for me, cause i barely do metal, mostly rock and jazz, but the looks of the epiphones are killing me> :[

Oh, maybe an HSS strat would be better then, I think it's the same price as the HH.
Can you open your choices to other guitars?

Because i can think of some others that will do all three without any issues (except the amp)

if not, possibly a HSS strat would be your best bet.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I have both the

Fender Stratocaster 50's classic
Epiphone Les paul standard

Both are great guitars, you won't go wrong with either of them. I find though that if i'm in a relaxing mood and I want to plays some glassy cleans while chilling on my chair that the strat is more comfortable to play due to the contours on the body. The les paul has really good gain tone, and although it can get muddy it's usually pretty good.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!