Hello there fine EG forum! I put up a gear ad to sell my Ibanez RG1570 but nobody seemed that bothered, so what are my options? Should I trade it in at a guitar shop, and risk getting raped or should I stick it on eBay and... risk getting raped? Maybe there is another option, or maybe one of you guys will like the look of it and buy it... I'm just trying to get as much for it as I can, is that so wrong?

The link to my attempted sale is in my sig, so you can see the guitar for yourself

Thanks for any help
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
How much did u pay for it, and whats its condition? how long have you had it?

Edit:Sorry didnt read ur sale my mistake
SG commando

Inserts hilarious quote here
I find it hard to sell my gear also from time to time so no worries man. I say put it up on Craigslist and see if you get any takers. I'd use ebay as a last resort simply because I don't like to be hit with auction charges.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Quote by punk_rock_isaac
How much did u pay for it, and whats its condition? how long have you had it?

Edit:Sorry didnt read ur sale my mistake

Tis ok mate.

For anyone else who missed it, it was £500 new and it's perfect bar 2 small scratches where your right arm rests. I think that's more down to it being made of basswood, it must be fairly soft since I didn't even notic doing them. After all, I've knocked the headstock off my bedroom walls tons of times (by accident of course) and it's immaculate.

To the poster above, I don't know if Craiglist is a great idea for me, I'm in the UK and I've never even heard of it so I don't know how helpful it would be. Damn, I hate auction charges too, they really rip you off.
Ibanez RG655
Blackstar HT-5
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
I can imagine the RG1570 is a hard guitar to sell for two reasons: first of all there are a lot of them out there and secondly it's so damn affordable when it's new.

The best way to sell it on UG (or any other website for that matter) is by taking a few good high resolution shots of the guitar (after it has been cleaned) to make it look appealing and by setting the price at a reasonable level (you might have already done that, but I haven't checked the price yet).

By the way, make sure you list the specs right and don't be affraid to hype it up a little, for instance: "this guitar has the Edge pro bridge, which is considered by many to be equal or greater in quality to the original Floyd Rose and it will most certainly blow any Edge Pro III out of the water".

Also, a good way of getting it noticed is by posting it about 10 hours ago, which seems to be the time when most UG'ers are active.

When your ad is good, the guitar will most likely sell. If UG doesn't work out (which is a realistic possibility) I recommend going to different auction sites before going to a guitar store. The price you will get at any guitar store, especially when you're just selling and not trading in, is going to be a lot lower than what you will get at auction.

So in summary:

-fair price
-lots of good pics from the cleaned instrument
-list all the specs right
-hype it up

If you do those things and list it on UG or an online auction site it will most likely sell in the near future, but be patient.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap

An interesting post

Damn, I tried to post a really long reply a few minutes ago but my laptop froze
But thanks a lot for the good advice dude, you seem to really know what you're talking about.

I really meant to clean it before I took the photos but i was staying at my girlfriend's house at the time (as my new flat wasn't ready) and she had no duster. Lol. It's not that dirty anyway, just a few smudges. Do you think I should take the pics again anyway?

I never really thought about hyping the specs, hope you don't mind if I steal your quote word for word

The guy in Guitar Guitar in Glasgow said they would give me £250+ for it, so I think £300 is a fair price to pay. If you bought it used from GG it would be £350 minimum, probably more like £400.

I'm in the UK so I should probably post the new thread in about 8 hours, as that's when most of the British invade UG.
Ibanez RG655
Blackstar HT-5
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Last edited by Firewind Raging at Nov 6, 2007,
Quote by Tu-c2550
Why dont you buy a tremelno n then u have your fixed bridge guitar.

Because I just can't get used to the Wizard neck, my hands were raised on Les Paul necks and after over a year and a half they still aren't used to it. Therefore, a new guitar with a rounder, less wide, neck has been purchased.

Quote by METAL MILITIA1
why don't you try selling it privately??

Good idea, I'll put up some ads in music shops later onn I think.
Ibanez RG655
Blackstar HT-5
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by DoubleDee
have you seen that I said something in that topic of yours? :P

I have now

£300 is 427 EUR, you interested?
Ibanez RG655
Blackstar HT-5
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Last edited by Firewind Raging at Sep 26, 2007,
damn that's a heep of money

I'll look what I can do but I don't think I got that i about 3/4 month's

kinda in between jobs rightnow
Quote by Firewind Raging
I have now

£300 is 427 EUR, you interested?

pm!!!!!!!!!!
smile
Quote by Firewind Raging
Damn, I tried to post a really long reply a few minutes ago but my laptop froze
But thanks a lot for the good advice dude, you seem to really know what you're talking about.

I really meant to clean it before I took the photos but i was staying at my girlfriend's house at the time (as my new flat wasn't ready) and she had no duster. Lol. It's not that dirty anyway, just a few smudges. Do you think I should take the pics again anyway?

I never really thought about hyping the specs, hope you don't mind if I steal your quote word for word

Go ahead, steal away!

As for the pictures, it's you're own choice really.

The pictures you have at the moment aren't bad, but if you would have the time to take some pictures of the guitar in a light room (or outside) and cleaned up, why not do so?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!