Page 1 of 2
I'm heading to the city today ( by train) ...and i only have a $20 note so this one time i decide not to buy a ticket...i've never seen a ticket inspector in my life and i catch the train to the city every weekend...so i think, yeah whatever i dont want to break my $20 and be carrying around a crapload of change.

So i get on the train...and i walk to the end of the train and sit down, another blokes there who clearly doesn't have a ticket either and we both see the inspector, he freaks out and says "yeah im getting off here" but i decide to stay, i think to myself...theres a crapload of people he has to check before he gets to me...I'll be off before then. The guy at the door sees i dont have a ticket and he suggests me to get off at the next station and he gets ready to open the door for me so i can do a runner....unfortunately they approached me before that.

Long story short..They got my details, friend tells me the fine is $200. And i emphasise the point i've always bought a ticket..except this one time.

In addition, maiden are coming to melbourne...$150 for my mosh ticket...and now a ****ing $200 fine...

Is there anyway to get off the fine? like write a letter or something? if so, what should i say/write/whatever?
Quote by Mattmakesmetal
I'm heading to the city today ( by train) ...and i only have a $20 note so this one time i decide not to buy a ticket...i've never seen a ticket inspector in my life and i catch the train to the city every weekend...so i think, yeah whatever i dont want to break my $20 and be carrying around a crapload of change.

So i get on the train...and i walk to the end of the train and sit down, another blokes there who clearly doesn't have a ticket either and we both see the inspector, he freaks out and says "yeah im getting off here" but i decide to stay, i think to myself...theres a crapload of people he has to check before he gets to me...I'll be off before then. The guy at the door sees i dont have a ticket and he suggests me to get off at the next station and he gets ready to open the door for me so i can do a runner....unfortunately they approached me before that.

Long story short..They got my details, friend tells me the fine is $200. And i emphasise the point i've always bought a ticket..except this one time.

In addition, maiden are coming to melbourne...$150 for my mosh ticket...and now a ****ing $200 fine...

Is there anyway to get off the fine? like write a letter or something? if so, what should i say/write/whatever?

Don't be a dick and buy a ticket?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Build a time machine and buy the ticket

No, I don't think there is a way to get out of the fine. You could try, but in the end you didn't pay for a service, which is rather unfair. You deserve the fine...
"the guy at the door sees i dont have a ticket"

Wha?

Weird.

Why not just pay the damn fare.
Quote by revolutionplz
He explained the situation. Tell me none of you have ever taken the lazy way out.

I can't say that. But I can say that I would have followed the guy who jumped off when he was about to get busted.
Remember the 11th commandment: thou shalt not get caught.
Quote by MightyAl
You shouldn't have given them your real name. Just claim you had no ID on you.

yeah i got busted on australia day for drinking, i was 15, and i just gave em fake name and address.
^thats what i always do. I shove my wallet/phone/any piece of ID down my undies. When they ask for ID I say i didn't bring any and when they ask for my mum's phone number or something I give them mine pretending its my mum's. Since my phone is in my undies and on vibrate, when they call to check, they only bring me pleasure.
some say you're a troubled boy
just because you like to destroy
all the things that bring the idiots joy
well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

Friend?

Click Please
flickr
deviantART
Quote by redkippersandal
^thats what i always do. I shove my wallet/phone/any piece of ID down my undies. When they ask for ID I say i didn't bring any and when they ask for my mum's phone number or something I give them mine pretending its my mum's. Since my phone is in my undies and on vibrate, when they call to check, they only bring me pleasure.

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Mattmakesmetal
what are you?? a ****ing train driver?

He could be.

But that's not the point. And I agree with him. You did wrong, you're getting punished for it. That's life.
Quote by Mattmakesmetal

no, he's someone that only wants to pay a $2 fare rather than a $200 fine.
Quote by Mattmakesmetal

Hell no, but if you'd forked out a couple of dollars instead of stealing the service, you'd be better off yeah?

It always annoys me how people try to steal by not paying train fares or whatever, then bitch like little girls when they get busted.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Denthúl
He could be.

But that's not the point. And I agree with him. You did wrong, you're getting punished for it. That's life.

yeah sure, i agree its a learning curve.

But im not the compulsive...non ticket buying type....i always pay my way! This was just an amazingly unfortunate event that the one time i didn't buy...

STOP JUDGING ME, I USED TO BE ONE OF YOU...
You only do bad when you get caught and you did and were asking for it.
Try not paying them and see what happens.
Period.
Dude, you got busted like a noob. If you get caught without a ticket you tell them you were running late and the queue for tickets was massive, and that you'd like a ticket to *insert destination*. Easy, you have your ticket and no fine cos they just issue your ticket from the little machine they carry around. It works in the UK anyways.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by Firewind Raging
Dude, you got busted like a noob. If you get caught without a ticket you tell them you were running late and the queue for tickets was massive, and that you'd like a ticket to *insert destination*. Easy, you have your ticket and no fine cos they just issue your ticket from the little machine they carry around. It works in the UK anyways.

genius. thats a great idea
Quote by Mattmakesmetal
But im not the compulsive...non ticket buying type....i always pay my way! This was just an amazingly unfortunate event that the one time i didn't buy...

I don't think that really is "always" is it.

KETTLE.

POT.

BLACK.

POT KETTLE BLACK.
Lol me and mate were wagging and got caught by ****ing train inspectors, but we had a ticket
and yeah, the fine is $200, sorry mate.
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
**** off man, I support you

Don't buy a ticket, cityrail is NEVER ontime why should you have to pay?
Give them a fake name, say the reason u didnt buy one is because u left your wallet at home and your late for a job interview or meeting your mum or something lame.. then give them a fake name and home phone number
u could always stand on that little edge between the cariges?
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Hey man I got a tram fine too, I tried getting out of it by saying that the machine was busted but they said that that wasn't what the inspector said. You can get an extension for a month if you call them, it doesnt cost anything you should do it
<my signature>
Quote by Firewind Raging

I dont think that would work in Australia. I don't think the guards carry tickets with them.

Next time, just try my undies method
some say you're a troubled boy
just because you like to destroy
all the things that bring the idiots joy
well, what's wrong with a little destruction?

Friend?

Click Please
flickr
deviantART
Quote by Firewind Raging

they dont carry around machines to issue tickets, they just bust you.

And i went from a place called Oakleigh...I dont know about the queues in the UK buddy but there is nobody lining up at Oakleigh.

It's this guys job to issue fines, im sure his heard all that bull**** before.
Quote by henza_x
Guards are just loser drop out cops anyway.. **** them

You are an idiot. Why the hell do you assume all guards are "loser drop out cops"??Most of them would have chosen that proffession rather than becoming a cop due to the total difference between the two jobs.
Quote by Sculptor
You are an idiot. Why the hell do you assume all guards are "loser drop out cops"??Most of them would have chosen that proffession rather than becoming a cop due to the total difference between the two jobs.

+1
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Serves you right really. I mean, you had the money, it was just in notes.
I made you a cookie but I eated it.
Quote by Mattmakesmetal
they dont carry around machines to issue tickets, they just bust you.

And i went from a place called Oakleigh...I dont know about the queues in the UK buddy but there is nobody lining up at Oakleigh.

It's this guys job to issue fines, im sure his heard all that bull**** before.

Well over here our train staff mostly have machines on their person, so people can just get on the train, THEN buy their ticket. I'm sorry it doesn't work over there. Our trains are still late as hell though
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
****ing ticket inspectors are total scumbags, and all their bosses are in it together. I got a fine earlier this year cos the machine was broken and I couldn't buy a ticket. I wrote a letter and explained, but they said they had no record of the machine being broken, so I still had to pay. I expect you won't get off.

I doubt the fine will be $200. That's usually the maximum they can fine you, but usually it's a $50 fine.

In WA, there are transit guards who have police powers while on Transperth property, and there are revenue protection officers who can give you fines, but that's all. They dress the same though. Next time I suggest you just run away. If it's the same as here, once you're off the transport authority's property, there's nothing they can do.
What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet? I'll answer for you. NONE OF YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS.
- Bill Hicks
Last edited by MrAngryEyes at Sep 26, 2007,
haha **** happens

are u on vline by any chance!?
im going to maiden hopefullyl *fingers crossed*
Quote by DaliLama
Go to a friend and say "what the difference between soda and your soda?............(pause).............sperm!" Then you start masturbating furiously into their can
I got caught and fined. There is nothing you can do, however if you're lucky they let you pay monthly.
Quote by ACG

In conclusion, I'm gay.

Mud Sergeant of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

"Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join."
pay the 200, find a way to make back 201 and it will be like they gave you a dollar for not buying a ticket.
Theres my optomistic view.
Quote by MrAngryEyes
****ing ticket inspectors are total scumbags, and all their bosses are in it together. I got a fine earlier this year cos the machine was broken and I couldn't buy a ticket. I wrote a letter and explained, but they said they had no record of the machine being broken, so I still had to pay. I expect you won't get off.

I doubt the fine will be $200. That's usually the maximum they can fine you, but usually it's a $50 fine.

In WA, there are transit guards who have police powers while on Transperth property, and there are revenue protection officers who can give you fines, but that's all. They dress the same though. Next time I suggest you just run away. If it's the same as here, once you're off the transport authority's property, there's nothing they can do.

running u say? yeah it seems like that probably happens a lot because there were 3 of them and they cornered me in the back of the train... i was being very polite but they had no hearts

And i hope to god its like $50, because crap ....$200? All my mates have been telling me its $200 but they suggest me to write a letter as they have brothers/sisters who have done that and gotten off.....

Maybe i should threaten legal action and scare them. ....or that might make it worse.
Quote by Mattmakesmetal
running u say? yeah it seems like that probably happens a lot because there were 3 of them and they cornered me in the back of the train... i was being very polite but they had no hearts

And i hope to god its like $50, because crap ....$200? All my mates have been telling me its $200 but they suggest me to write a letter as they have brothers/sisters who have done that and gotten off.....

Maybe i should threaten legal action and scare them. ....or that might make it worse.

And what legal action would you take against the train conductors doing, well... their JOB?
LMAO you get fined if you don't have a ticket in aus? Over here (UK) if you don't buy a ticket before you get on the train you can buy it from the tickey, usually for a slightly inflated price. I hardly ever buy a ticket, about half the time I end up not paying at all which is great because train fares are extortionate when you're on it every day.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Page 1 of 2