i need to know, and i hope you can tell me.

which pickup combination is better?
*1-1-1
*2----2
*2-1-2

(1=single coil, 2=humbucker)
Because HHH is pretty sucky.

TS, it all depends on the kind of sounds you want to get - however HSH often a good compromise as you get the same sounds as an HH config but also some pretty decent strat-type tones. There is no "best" config though...and you forgot HSS
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Its all preference my dear boy, depending on what sort of genre you play as well.

For example (I know their are bands and other examples that bend these, but ah well)

Clean guitar tones and blues are mostly played with single coils,

whereas metal and modern rock/heavy rock is mostly played with using humbuckers.

(as stated above, there are bands and artists that bend the rules, but oh well)
Last edited by Hakanku at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by steven seagull
...and you forgot HSS

oh yeah....thanks anyway...

and,is HSH sounds good if i want to play some metalcore songs?
Hmmm.......I guess technically an HHH setup with individual coil split switches would prove to have the most sonic versatility, however you'd miss the opportunity for the center pickup to nail the sweet spot right in the middle (one reason for the apparent lack of popularity afforded to the HHH setup).

That being said I'd probably shoot for an HSH with one coil split switch for both humbuckers if I was in the market for anything new, though I've never been in a situation where an HH configuration didn't do what I needed (that's just me though).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
i like H H personaly and i find it best for thrash metal and death metal
"A little word for my enemies and fortune seekers -
go fuck your Jesus..... he likes it up the ass!!"
Glen Benton
For heavy hardcore etc, HH or HSH if you want abit more versatility.

Also, another reason there arent many HHH guitars is because they look ugly as sin.
Quote by steven seagull
Because HHH is pretty sucky.

TS, it all depends on the kind of sounds you want to get - however HSH often a good compromise as you get the same sounds as an HH config but also some pretty decent strat-type tones. There is no "best" config though...and you forgot HSS

agreed.

though i liked the HHH setup on the kramer jersey star. but that was probably just for the overkill factor.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
should be fine... as long as you have your bridge humbucker, you're set- and the two singles would work nicely for the clean breaks metalcore frequently has.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If it has a pickguard with all the electronics mounted to it, can always have a second one to put in. Its what I did with one of my strats. The factory one with 3 singles and a second one with 2 humbuckers. Just put a connector on the wires going to the output and bridge ground. When the strings are off you can swap em.
Some can some cant. My strat has the universal routing which means any combination will fit. My other strat was made for singles only. Would need to remove wood to put anything else in. Pretty easy to tell if you look under. If its a universal it will just be a big empty rectangle. Some strat have the cutout in the bridge for a humbucker but not the other 2 positions.
IMO, the two ultimate pickup configurations are HH and SSS. I have one of each Although, I was thinking about getting an HSH in the far future with a floyd just for messing around on, but those aren't really my cup of tea.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
i have a Squire Strat California Series. i dont know whats the difference,looks like a standard strat to me