Page 1 of 2
yeah i have a kind of...moral dilemma.
a silly teenager wants to smoke but isnt man enough situation

well i have deliberated doin it for a looong time and havent brung myself to really do it yet because:
all my friends (90%) pay the crap out of smokers and how much they suck etc. -
even my "badass rock n roll" band say they ****ing hate smokers and all.
but every one of my heroes smoke(d) like a chimney, like Page and Hendrix - the usual suspects.

got no problem with cancer and all that crap,
and already spent hundreds of dollars on lookin like Slash from G'n'R so why not go that step eh?

my problem is i dont want all my friends to hate me
any advice would be coool
Quote by Sabu
No point smoking, don't bother.

+1 dont smoke ... i'm telling you now

worst thing you could ever do to yourself.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Kick your brother in his penis adorned head.
yeah dude dont smoke
you dont just get cancer it ****s up your lungs
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
Thats the attitude! Copy some one you think is cool!

Up to you, you know the risks, your life. Apparently it releaves stress and what not (make you look cool like slash ) However your friends are going to pay you out. No i don't think you should.
Wouldn't bother, you'd stink, be out of pocket quite alot, plus it sounds like you really don't want to...
srsly. i smoked. you get nothing out of smoking. if you want something out of smoking. smoke weed

best advice if you wanna do something that gives you something

smoking does nothing. trust me.
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
you want to smoke, to imitate Slash...?

I've heard a lot of excuses most of which are "i only do it with friends" or "its just a social thing"....but that..

lol yeah dont smoke.
don't do it... seriously now you have the choice and it might seem "hard" not to start because of whatever situation u are in, but if you start u will want to stop someday and u won't be able to. I have friends that smoke and every time they say how bad it is, but they just can't stop it.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
are you suicidal?
if so, go ahead and prepare for a long and painfull death

if not, why even think about it?

dont smoke..
You know a pack of cigarettes costs about €5 here, most smokers buy about 1 pack a day (if not more), that's €150 a month you just throw away for smoke.. Good luck saving up for more gear when you're doing that
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by unholy_love
Wow..
I thought the Pit would want you to smoke.
-shrug-

Hell no, people hate smokers around here.

I suggest just try it once, if you don't like it, you don't like it and that's up to you. If you do like it prepare to be stress free for the rest of your life
its your choice. if you want to smoke then smoke. shouldnt do it cos someone "cool" does and shouldnt not do it cos your friends will hate you. if they care you smoke, its their problem
alright jesus! not a single 'yes'

and im not a poser! posers cant play guitar.
but yes i agree i dont wanna do it to look cool

but yeah please no more flames cmon guys, just say "dont", cus your just not helping, and your sole purpose is to flame
Last edited by Jonbagga at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by Jonbagga
yeah i have a kind of...moral dilemma.
a silly teenager wants to smoke but isnt man enough situation

well i have deliberated doin it for a looong time and havent brung myself to really do it yet because:
all my friends (90%) pay the crap out of smokers and how much they suck etc. -
even my "badass rock n roll" band say they ****ing hate smokers and all.
but every one of my heroes smoke(d) like a chimney, like Page and Hendrix - the usual suspects.

and already spent hundreds of dollars on lookin like Slash from G'n'R so why not go that step eh?

my problem is i dont want all my friends to hate me
any advice would be coool

so...basically, you want to start smoking because you think it's cool and all your heroes did it. Nevermind the cancer and all the toxic **** you are getting into you.

...What are you? 11? Don't smoke. It sucks and it takes too much to stop
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

wtf, you want to smoke because you want to look cool like your idols...pfft what are you getting out of it exactly?
Quote by Jonbagga

and im not a poser! posers cant play guitar.

hahaha how old are you? like really?
Quote by henza_x
hahaha how old are you? like really?

thankyou, ill take that onboard, you are now my new hero and i want to be you instead
Don't smoke. Just drink more to compensate.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Yeah, smokings cool but you know what else you can do?

Buy a leather jacket
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
can't wait to hear what other stuff you are willing to do just "because they do it"..seriosly...you must be eleven.

smoking or imitating someone's behaviour won't help you playing guitar. concentrating that much in how "cool" you want to look is just being a poser.

Get a personality alredy and grow up
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

That's a stupid reason to smoke.
I made you a cookie but I eated it.
Smoking is NOT cool.

Being good at guitar is cool.

Being good at sport is cool.

Not having cancer, stained teeth and bad breath is cool.

Smoking is NEVER cool.
My guitar teacher is a chain smoker, and yesterday he told me how jelous he was of me cause i dont smoke. Its a bad ****ing habbit, seriously your going to become dependant on a light on a stick and your going to hate it later. Theres nothing good in it, and it just becomes a sign of a weakness.

How about trying to stop looking like your hero and start playing more like them?? Im sure if slash tried to look like his hero he wouldnt be slash today.
Quote by Jonbagga

Wow. Do I smell a coincidence in the air? If you can give two examples of people who managed to (so far) live free of lung cancer then I guess it's safe for the hundreds of thousands of other people who smoke.

This little passage also reminded me of this hilarious picture with a ring of truth found in the demotivational pics thread:

Quote by gflip69
Someone called me on my landline (home phone) and asked me where I was.
That might be the worst excuse I've ever heard for smoking, and they're all bad. Smoking doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look like an impressionable ass, and from how you described yourself you're doing everything you can to be a poser. Hendrix died as a result of drug use, do you want to follow that too? Don't start smoking.

Whenever I see a smoker, I see a pretentious bastard with no self control.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
You're an idiot.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Eh, forget all that "It's toxic, you could get cancer" mumbo-jumbo.

Don't do it so you can save money. My roommate spends a lot of money on cigarettes.
if u can control dont start . i smoke man , it's not like i'am a poser or anything , just when i dont smoke i can a tight feeling in my chest , soo i smoke ....

drink vodka or beer ... it's good for you
i hate people like you. People that smoke just for the image piss me off. if u start smoking you will get lung cancer, you'll suck at running, have ****ty breath, waste alot of money, maybe start a bushfire and people in general will look down upon you. Why would you want to start smoking?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by JacobMPrater
dude, dont start. im 15 and started about 5 months ago. its hard as hell to stop. and it always makes you tired! ZZZzzz....

idiot.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
One thing you'll never do is know how hard it is to quit. Trust me, you don't wanna. It's taken me years to finally quit and I've now gone 5 months without. You might think "I don't have an addictive personality" or "I won't get addicted" but you will. Even just one little drag. That's how I started. Plus it cost me about £280 a month to smoke. My rent is £370. That's how stupid it is.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
You. Are. Pathetic.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Page 1 of 2