anyone seen or more importantly heard these amps? they are the original manufacturers of the old orange amps and now appear to be making a few small all valve amps like the tiny terror.

i was originally going to buy an epiphone valve junior off ebay which has been heavily modded but after looking for a while there are so many other small all valve heads and combos that appear to be better. what to do...
Matamp = Godly tone, but also expensive I think.

Also, out of a VJ and TT, TT winds hands down IMO. (although you would need a cab)
Quote by Hakanku
Matamp = Godly tone, but also expensive I think.

Also, out of a VJ and TT, TT winds hands down IMO. (although you would need a cab)

dolphin have the minimat advertised at £259 which is cheaper than the orange by about 50 quid though. the claim its hand wired in the uk too. it also has a DI out which the orange doesnt... unfortunately i am not near anywhere that sells them so i cant go and test any.
I dont know about that actual amp, I was talking about Matamp in general, I havnt heard anyone come back from hearing/testing a Matamp and being dissapointed.
people say the same about the tiny terror too... oh decisions. im crap at them at the best of times...
Well the Matamp is only 2 watts and made for recording. The Vj is 5 watt and slightly louder. The TT is 7/15 watts and great for recording, but you definetly do a gig with one.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
well to fill you in then. i have been playing about a year and a half. i have outgrown my practice amp and want to upgrade to a valve amp for the lush tone i get at my tutors house. i play classic rock and blues and all the inbetweens so i am looking for some meaty crunch but not really high gain. preferably at bedroom levels but with a view to doing small gigs in the future without too much more outlay. so thats where i am at.

cheers
Tiny Terror then. 2 watt will NEVER handle a gig. A VJ might do it, but if you can afford a Minimat you can probably afford a TT anyway.

A Laney VC15 or VC30 is also a good choice.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

The Minimat looks great, but the fact that it's 2 watts slightly puts me off. I'd record with it anyday though! So it depends if you're sure or not about using the amp for gigs. For home use only, yeah go for it!
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
MATAMPS ARE AWESOME.

Honestly id pick a matamp over a marshall or fender, 'pessially for classic rock and blues kinda music, but they are better than orange, there like the boutique version or orange and marshall, they sound great worth the extra money in every case.
Quote by Gabel
Tiny Terror then. 2 watt will NEVER handle a gig. A VJ might do it, but if you can afford a Minimat you can probably afford a TT anyway.

A Laney VC15 or VC30 is also a good choice.
+1

I mean, I'd get the Minimat if you never plan on taking it out of the studio... But if you want to play loud, you'll need at least 15 watts of valve power.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^Yea. 2 watts if your not going to use it as a band amp.

as you said your planning on gigging the TT.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band