im looking to get an accoustic, and yeah i have read the sticky HOWEVER most of those guitars dont seem to be available in the UK, at least i cant find them.

what is good for this price range thats available in the UK?

thanks
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
im currently playing a fender CD140 i got from about 100 quid from this site:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/p.php?n=15

They dont have my particular guitar in stock but very similiar ones of the same price (cheapest fender being £75) range and quality. Really good quality for the price as far as im concerned f
Squier affinity Strat - red
Gould Les paul style - black
Fender Mexican 70's re-issue Strat - black
Gibson Les Paul Studio - worn cherry
For that price You should be ale to find a decent guitar.

If I was you I'd try and get about £30 more and try a guitar called the Fairclough Sky. They're made by a guy called Steve Fairclough. What he does essentially is finds good woods, good tuners etc, then he says, I want it this price. I love the Sky version. Will most likely be my next guitar.

They ARE quite hard to find since he's a fairly new manufacturer.

http://www.gotoguitars.com/Fairclough%20Reviews/4523706160

If you click on guitars, then fairclough etc you can find more details on the Sky model.

Mahogany Neck
Solid Spruce top
Rosewood Back and sides.

That page is a review of the electro-acoustic version which is £100 more expensive but as you can see you get a lot of guitar for your money, and they are very similiar.

Those cheap fenders are all laminate and you don't want that. I can guarantee they won't sound or play as good as this thing.

Someone recommended the Yamaha 720S, don't get it. For £45 more (£195) you can get the 750S which is a much much better guitar. Search 750S etc on these forums and you'll find some peoples reviews and thoughts on them.
Last edited by ClaptonWannabe at Sep 26, 2007,
they do look nice

i could stretch my budget up to a max of 250£ if necessary but yeah i definatly want solid wood at least on the top

http://www.guitarjunction.com/shop/browse.html?cat=27
PRS Custom 22
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Last edited by gishuk at Sep 26, 2007,
Are you near that shop? If you are, go and try one. If not theres an email address on that site I gave you (the official site) where you can ask where the nearest dealership is.

When they reply, give the shop a ring and ask if they have one!
im a long way from that shop, ill see if theres any closer
PRS Custom 22
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
i ordered a vintage v300 which arrived today and it seems like a bargai so far. cost me £82 inc postage from imuso and it was next day delivery. the v300 seems to have a very comfortable neck although it doesn't have a strap button on top of the body meaning you have to tie the strap around the neck. its far better than the yamaha i used to have
get a Art & Lutherie guitar from Godin guitars, quality and cheap, I think that that model is only 300€, not bad for such quality.