The Shure SM58 is always a winnerfor vocals and guitar. Around £70, no idea what that translates to for you.
Guitars:
Tanglewood Les Paul Copy
Fender Standard Telecaster (Mexican)

Amp:
Marshall VS100R

Pedals:
Ibanez TS7
Nobels PH-D Phaser
Marshall Regenerator
EHX Mini Metal Muff
Jim Dunlop Wahhhhhh
Shure SM57 for instrument recording.
Shure SM58 for vocal work.

So it depends what you do more of
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
don't cheap out on mics, that's a professional mic at a very low price. get it. you'll have it for your life, unlike a cheapr mic which you'll upgrade eventually.

get the sm58 (or 57)
If your after a slightly cheaper option, you should grag the Shure pg58, same external contruction, but lesser quality on the inside, they run about AU$105 compared to AU$175 for a sm57-58
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
I wouldn't dream of recording vocals on an SM58/57. Id only use them live tbh. Get a condenser for vocals. But seeing as you're short on cash, you can't have both, so which is more important to you? Vocals or Guitar? I mean its not like you can record guitar with condensers (I actually prefer it) but alot of people think close-micing it with an sm57 works well.
Quote by Rum Monkey
I wouldn't dream of recording vocals on an SM58/57. Id only use them live tbh. Get a condenser for vocals. But seeing as you're short on cash, you can't have both, so which is more important to you? Vocals or Guitar? I mean its not like you can record guitar with condensers (I actually prefer it) but alot of people think close-micing it with an sm57 works well.

+1

If you're recording vocals, definitely go for a condenser mic.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Just google it .

You'll need phantom power for it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
if you must cheap out on a mic then the behringer c-1 is fairly decent for £30ish
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD