So, it snapped. Well, I'll be going to church tommorow so I will buy a new string. I've been playing D'addario .9s and want something bigger for stronger fingers. Like .10 or something.
I use D'addario XL 10s, they tend to hold up well.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
are you going to change all your strings or just the high e?

you could do fine with a 10, but it might feel a bit funny if only the high e is of the thicker gauge.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Take a .10 , it shouldn't feel weird because it's kinda minimal change. I always put a little bit thicker E1 because they have this annoying tendency to snap.
Gonna change everything of course. They've been on my guitar a long time and so I think it's about time. Also, you know, strength improvement.
Where did it break and what were you doing when it broke?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by splat102
Gonna change everything of course. They've been on my guitar a long time and so I think it's about time. Also, you know, strength improvement.

Get D'Addario .10s , I use them and they serve me well. I only swap .10 to .11 'cause I'm used to .11 high E.
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']I'd get 10s

But when I saw the title i was about to say 'get a new pack of strings'

haha yeah.

10's should be fine... basically, it's personal preference as to which brands you prefer, and obviously price comes into it too, which brands are better value where you are, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?