I was wondering:

I have the Tascam MF-PO1 Porta Studio 4 rack Recorder. I still have the book with it, but can't seem to find the topic. I was wondering, if anyone knew if there was a way to take tracks from the Porta Studio, and put them on a PC for editing and such? I got Audacity and I was gonna just mix some crap down, and put it on my ultimate giutar profile. If ya don't know, could ya point me in the direction of a place that could?

Thanks
Does it have a USB out or record to some sort of flash media? If so then you would just connect it to the computer via USB or insert the flash media into your card reader. It might work if it only has a cd burner, but you would might have to bounce each track individually.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

i just looked up the p01 on musician's friend:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-MFP01-4Track-Portastudio?sku=240851

is that what you have?

if so, it's analog so it wouldn't transfer directly to you computer. so you'd have to convert it to digital somehow, which means that you would most likely be connecting the output of the recorder to your computer. how you do that is up to you. you'd probably just be going into whatever input your computer has, and just bouncing the tracks individually like Thrice said. you'll lose sound quality, but that's pretty much what you've got available without buying an interface.
Quote by Blue Motion
i just looked up the p01 on musician's friend:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-MFP01-4Track-Portastudio?sku=240851

is that what you have?

if so, it's analog so it wouldn't transfer directly to you computer. so you'd have to convert it to digital somehow, which means that you would most likely be connecting the output of the recorder to your computer. how you do that is up to you. you'd probably just be going into whatever input your computer has, and just bouncing the tracks individually like Thrice said. you'll lose sound quality, but that's pretty much what you've got available without buying an interface.

Yep, thats the one i've got. It has a line out "L" and "R" and a "Phones" thing on the back and thats it. And I have absolutly no ide ahow I would hook it up to my PC.
what kind of connection are the left and right stereo?

and while we're at it, what kind of audio inputs does your computer have? probably just an 1/8th inch TRS (headphone size).

edit: one problem that comes to mind is that the tracks will need to be synced up on the recording software. you probably won't be able to bounce them onto your computer in the synchronized form that you have them in on the recording device. you might be able to match them up visually by looking at the display, or maybe you could use a metronome somehow. maybe Thrice will have some thoughts.
Last edited by Blue Motion at Sep 26, 2007,