okay.. I would love to have a bass that has a low and rough sounding bass hat seriously goes through your body.
ANY SUGGESTIONS??
Cort Action 4 string
Hughes kettner bassforce L 100w amp
Line 6 spider 2 amp
Ibanez GIO
Landola Nylon Acoustic
try running it through a fuzz or distortion pedal.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by shut_up_you_***
To me, that sounds like a slightly overdriven Precision. Gotta love that thump!

Exactly what I was thinking.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
+1 to the two previous posters. The overdriven precision is basically the tool for the job when you want a big, downright dirty bass tone that sounds like you're bringing the wrath of Zeus down on your audience.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Fender jazz bass +EMG active pickups+EMG EXB circut. and overdrive that sucker! (not alot tho) that setup gets more bass then most basses with humbuckers! but seriously i think an amp does more for the "bass you can feel" part i think bass is more attack sound/tone.

if you want bass you can REALLY REALLY feel i would get a basson cab those things are beasts and are friggen amazeing!
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by Emergancy Exit
Fender jazz bass +EMG active pickups+EMG EXB circut. and overdrive that sucker! (not alot tho) that setup gets more bass then most basses with humbuckers! but seriously i think an amp does more for the "bass you can feel" part i think bass is more attack sound/tone.

if you want bass you can REALLY REALLY feel i would get a basson cab those things are beasts and are friggen amazeing!

Basically what he said; you could also get a 2x10 and 2x15 stack or a 4x10 and a 1x18
Quote by Charlatan_001
Basically what he said; you could also get ...a 4x10 and a 1x18

This setup sounds GREAT with a 5 string.
Guy Stabs

-like a snail along a straight razor, dividing itself through motion
M E S H U G G A H
Alot of the big thump will come from a big powerful tube amp and something like an 8x10 cab.

A P bass through something like an SVT-2 and an 8x10 rig (the backline I used at my last gig, actually. Oh that was nice.) gives the sound you want. Nothing thunders like a P.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
kk.. so I hooked my cort action to a digitech bass overdrive/distortion pedal.. sounds great though my hughes&kettner 100W bass amp.. Sounds sweet and then ofcourse the biggest issue was to high mid.
Thx guys!!
You can always count on guys from UG to give good advise!!
Cort Action 4 string
Hughes kettner bassforce L 100w amp
Line 6 spider 2 amp
Ibanez GIO
Landola Nylon Acoustic
Quote by Carreras
okay.. I would love to have a bass that has a low and rough sounding bass hat seriously goes through your body.
ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Well....the amp does that...
Sounds like your looking for a big amp lol
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
Well....the amp does that...
Sounds like your looking for a big amp lol

Like I said, a 4x10 with a 1x18.

Really though, if you want people to feel your bass, you've got to get a stack that pushes a lot of air, but still has definition. If you have a 100W amp, that might feel strong in a garage, but you'd want something with like 400W at least to really kick people in the gut.

As many have said, a nice touch of overdrive will do you nicely as well, to get that "rough" tone.