It's some ESP LTD doublecut from the 90s. Pretty similar to LTD MH-201, but the texture used on the body isn't the same. Looks more 'natural' and solid.
Can anyone identify this?

I have an opportunity to buy this with a price below 400£. Any advice?

PS. ash body; neck - maple with rosewood fingerboard
Attachments:
a.JPG
Last edited by sortsind at Sep 26, 2007,
It should tell on that inlay at the 12th fret. Although, with an ash body, it'll be reeaallly nice for downtuning. I'd go for it.. just change the pickups, they look generic.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Ah, it must be an H-series guitar. The 3+3 tuners give it away. I haven't seen one in magenta though...
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Sep 27, 2007,
I'm willing to bet my lunch money that no LTD was ever made in Japan.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty

Me too

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by pifty

Agreed. That was the whole point of the LTD label, is because exchange rates between the US Dollar and the Yen became unfavorable, and thus Japanese guitars couldn't be built and sold at the prices "consumers had come to expect" (to quote the book "Ultimate Guitar" on the topic). thus mainly (like Ibanez) went Korean at the risk of cheapening their name. ESP however created the LTD sub-brand, and thus could make Korean versions of their top sellers for Joe Schmo who couldn't afford a normal ESP without harming ESPs reputation.

As for the guitar in question, is it possible its a refinish? Did LTD ever do limited runs? Sorry I can't be of much help, as I'm not ESP/LTD expert.
By the way, where in that auction does it say that it's MIJ? And ESP inlay on an LTD? Weird.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Well, fair enough. The whole made-in-Japan thing, unknown model, quite high price etc. I'll better look for something else then. Ibanez rg560 (well, that's definetely Japan made) or Gibson SG Special could be a possibilities. I'm all for metal.
He probably meant it was sold in Japan.

In any case, yeah, you should try less mysterious models...don't count ESP/LTD's out yet.