I'm not sure if I worded the title right, so sorry about that.

Here's the situation:
I have a Peavey Windsor 100W head with some crappy off-brand cab that I just recently loaded with Weber speakers (it sounds so pretty).

I also have a Washburn W587 guitar...7 string. The 7th string and my amp set up HATE each other. Every time I even touch the low B or hit the low E with enough force for the low B's magnet on the pickup to get signal, my amp flubs. That easily. So for a while I played soft with the low B string removed. **** that.

I was at my buddy's house and he had a purple Mexican Fender Strat (picture below) he bought about 3 years ago. He had it set up and everything when he got it. I played it for about 3 hours and FELL IN LOVE. He graciously let me take it home and told me I could use it until I bought a 6 string or I had enough money to buy his Fender.

I love the sound of this guitar and I play thrash/ various types of "core." However, the only thing that sets me off is that there's a tiny bit of twang.

So basically, which humbucker that could fit in a single coil position is the best?

Picture:
http://www.fenderstore.co.uk/acatalog/mex-stnd-satin-blue.jpg

Also, would a pickup upgrade in the 7 string help with that nasty flubbing?
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Last edited by Unskathed at Sep 26, 2007,
humbuckers that fit in single coil positions don't actually sound like buckers, they're kinda inbetween singles and humbuckers.
you could buy a new pickguard and get real humbuckers.
Quote by The red Strat.
humbuckers that fit in single coil positions don't actually sound like buckers, they're kinda inbetween singles and humbuckers.
you could buy a new pickguard and get real humbuckers.

Agreed. The only issue here is the routing of it. You should take the pickguard off and see if its a swimming pool route, H-S-H, or S-S-S before deciding if you want stacked singles or just to put a new pickguard in with humbuckers.
i have a Dimarzio Super Distortion Rail in my strat and i just love it. if you like the looks of a bucker on a strat just install a full humbucker. personally i only like strats in S-S-S.

You can try Dimarzio Super Distortion, Fast Tracks and HS-3, Seymour Duncan Hot Rails.
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Last edited by peterocker at Sep 26, 2007,
Thanks.
I'm not looking for a straight humbucker sound anyway. I actually like a little twang in my playing, it makes it sound more precise I think. However, the bridge single coil is just a bit too twangy. By a bit, I seriously mean just a tiny, tiny bit too twangy.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Seymour Duncan Hotrails are good.
EMG make nice single coiled pickups

You could also get away with humbuckers if your guitar is made of a bright wood like alder or ash.

Actually, If I were you i'd go with a SSH setup with two Seymour Duncan Hotrails and one Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Unskathed
Thanks.
I'm not looking for a straight humbucker sound anyway. I actually like a little twang in my playing, it makes it sound more precise I think. However, the bridge single coil is just a bit too twangy. By a bit, I seriously mean just a tiny, tiny bit too twangy.

I am in this same position, so suggestions would help me as well, cheers in advance.