not even sure if that's what i'm looking for. i notice in a lot of songs i hear, it has the lead singer singing and there's back up vocals, but you can BARELY hear them...but it does make a difference and makes the singer stand out more during a chorus. i believe it's called harmonizing? correct me if i'm wrong. anyway...is there a way of having this without having a backup singer? i'm not familiar with effects and what not. i made a post awhile back for vocal effects, but i think all i really want is a harmonizer (don't even know if that's a word). my bassist can't sing to keep him alive and i'd like to have that sound that a lot of bands have. i almost always notice that there's a harmony on their vocals throughout the song. like nirvana has it...i just heard them on the radio. if anyone can help me with this or point me in the right direction...i'd appreciate it much. i'm n00bish when it comes to these gadgets and stuff.
Schecter C-1 Elite
Mesa Dual Rectifier (2 Channel)
Mesa Traditional 4x12 Rectifier Cab
Ovation 1778LX Elite Acoustic-Electric
most recordings you hear have multiple vocal tracks instead of a harmonizer. But for live settings, I've heard pretty good things about the VL2.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I'm going to offer the idea of a vocoder, even though it's not quite the effect required.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Quote by civildp1
most recordings you hear have multiple vocal tracks instead of a harmonizer. But for live settings, I've heard pretty good things about the VL2.

yeah, i've done the multiple vocal tracks, but i wanted something for my live performances. thanks guys. since all of you are recommending the same thing, it's made my selection pretty easy for me. haha. i'll check this out. thanks again
Schecter C-1 Elite
i've been doing some research on this. i'm gonna be playing heavily distorted riffs while singing. i play alternative rock. it looks like this thing would get confused with anything but clean chords. does anyone else recommend anything? do i have any other options? or do i need to find a bassist or lead guitar who can back me up? lol...
Schecter C-1 Elite