I was planing on buying this jumpstart package and was wondering is the actual guitar any good. It would be great if someone who owns it could tell me if it's good.

My playing skills are average, and I've never owned an electric... So to me it seems like a bargain.

Thanks!
A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should make you wanna destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs.

SEX, DRUGS AND DUNGEONS & DRAGONS
Last edited by smajatz at Sep 26, 2007,
get a decent electric if you can play i.e. epiphone G-400, ibanez sa120 etc.
some others should offer you suggestions
since youre just starting out i think its an amazing deal
Fender Stratocaster,Yamaha ERG 121 and 5 other random low budget acoustics
When I first started I got an Ibanez SA120 and Orange Crush 10 that was pretty awesome (I still own both)
i have it actually....i have an rg350dx now but when i started i thought it was awesome...the guitar actually has some nice cleans and so does the amp...but the distortion on both is'nt very good...all in all though its a pretty good buy
Gear:
Geetars:
**Schecter Demon**
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul (Camo)
Ibanez RG-350DX
Ibanez GAX-70
Ibanez IJ-70
Amp(s):
**Valveking 212**
Fake cube 60
Ibanez Jumpstart amp
Pedals:
EH Metal Muff
GLX Distortion
Zoom G-2.1u
thanks...i think i'll buy it.mainly becouse of the price.from what i've gathered it's a decent guitar for that price.
later on, i could go with something a bit more expensive...

thanks again!
A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should make you wanna destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs.

i don't know what prices are like in the balkans, but i know here in the UK you could get a yamaha pacifica 112 and roland microcube for around £200... which is not much more than 255 euro, and would probably be a better buy, if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i don't know what prices are like in the balkans, but i know here in the UK you could get a yamaha pacifica 112 and roland microcube for around £200... which is not much more than 255 euro, and would probably be a better buy, if you ask me.

just to be precise - it's 285 euro . and i know i probably could get a better deal, but from where i'm from - there's only 2 (two ) music stores in the town. so i don't really have much choice...

so if i gather right-the guitar isn't that bad, isn't excellent, there are better, but it could pass?

well i stick with my comment that the guitar isnt that bad..yeah you could get a better deal, but if you could try them out before you buy them..that would be smart

btw..i dont have any music stores in my town so you dont have it that bad
Gear:
Geetars:
**Schecter Demon**
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul (Camo)
Ibanez RG-350DX
Ibanez GAX-70
Ibanez IJ-70
Amp(s):
**Valveking 212**
Fake cube 60
Ibanez Jumpstart amp
Pedals:
EH Metal Muff
GLX Distortion
Zoom G-2.1u
I have that guitar for 3 years now and I don't think it's that good. My friend who just started got an ibanez starters pack as well, the other one: GSA6J. And that guitar and amp are better than the GRX40J, I think you'll be happier with the GSA6J

I mean... it's obvious that I've grown out of that guitar after 3 years. But I think you'll be satisfied for longer with that other starters pack.
Last edited by Chimeray at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by Chimeray
I have that guitar for 3 years now and I don't think it's that good. My friend who just started got an ibanez starters pack as well, the other one: GSA6J. And that guitar and amp are better than the GRX40J, I think you'll be happier with the GSA6J

I mean... it's obvious that I've grown out of that guitar after 3 years. But I think you'll be satisfied for longer with that other starters pack.

yeah,i saw that pack on the official ibanez site,but i dind't saw it in the shop...better ask the next time.
i personally like the GSA6J version more,becouse of the tremolo and the fact that it's without pickguard - it looks better, dunno about the sound though. and the price, is it the same? it sucks that i'm limited with cash. i hate capitalism - why couldn't i simply take a bag of rice or flour to the shop and exchange it for a guitar... more flour - better guitar ah the good old times

Quote by smajatz
just to be precise - it's 285 euro . and i know i probably could get a better deal, but from where i'm from - there's only 2 (two ) music stores in the town. so i don't really have much choice...

so if i gather right-the guitar isn't that bad, isn't excellent, there are better, but it could pass?

i know in the UK you could get a yamaha pacifica 112 (about £140) and roland microcube (about £60-£70) for around 285 euro. Of course, i'm not sure if your local shop stocks them, or if they're vastly overpriced where you are, even if they do. But if you can get hold of that setup for close to your budget, I'd definitely recommend it. Main reason is that the guys who make the nicest amps rarely make the nicest guitars, and vice versa, certainly at the beginner end of the scale.

You'd also need to buy a lead, strap, and plectrum if you don't go with a starter pacl, but if you're any good at bargaining you should be able to get the shop to throw that in for free.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i know in the UK you could get a yamaha pacifica 112 (about £140) and roland microcube (about £60-£70) for around 285 euro. Of course, i'm not sure if your local shop stocks them, or if they're vastly overpriced where you are, even if they do. But if you can get hold of that setup for close to your budget, I'd definitely recommend it. Main reason is that the guys who make the nicest amps rarely make the nicest guitars, and vice versa, certainly at the beginner end of the scale.

You'd also need to buy a lead, strap, and plectrum if you don't go with a starter pacl, but if you're any good at bargaining you should be able to get the shop to throw that in for free.

well that's the problem...i've looked around the shop and the cheapest guitar is around 200 euro. so when you look at the set - it turns out that ibanez guitar IS the cheapest. i know i sound like the guy who is trying to get something out of nothing - but when your choices are narrowed down to nothing and a-little-more-nothing, this set seems like the righ deal.
nothing is decided yet, but if i actually found yamaha pacifica 112 and roland microcube i would still need a lead and a strap, like you said. i have a couple of plectrums (i play an acoustic,soo...). and believe me in my country even advice has to be payed sometimes... so i would HAVE to pay for those items, and that kinda adds over the budget, which isn't great to start with...

so to sum up... yamaha pacific 112 and roland microcube are a must-have for begginers, so to speak. but since it would cost just a little bit more, it may not be the right choice, you also have to take the possibility that the guitar maybe isn't even in stock, so once more - ibanez is a go, not an excellent one, but hey... hendrix played on acoustic once

yeah. i mean if it's not possible, it's not possible. just keep it in mind, just in case it is.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah. i mean if it's not possible, it's not possible. just keep it in mind, just in case it is.

will do...thanks!

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?