I'm trying to learn some Morello Stuff. I have the killswitch technique down and I have a whammy Pedal. Anyone know how he does the sound for people of the sun, or the solo to testify. Any tips for other cool sounds will be helpful as well thanks.
I know you use an allen wrench for the intro and verses of People Of The Sun - I've done that with no effects or anything and my equipment isn't very good either, but it sounds great.
BP
Remember that Tom Morello's style includes monsterous control of his instrument. The dude can really shred when he wants to, so it's probably worthwhile building up the technical side of your playing too.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
For the solo in Testify, he takes out his lead and touches it against his pickup while using his wah-wah pedal. In fact, you only need the lead to touch a metal object so a guitar isn't actually required.
cool thanks, didnt know about the allen wrench that should help alot. the testify solo is a little hard to get it to sound right, but im getting there. thanks
Quote by BrockTandem
For the solo in Testify, he takes out his lead and touches it against his pickup while using his wah-wah pedal. In fact, you only need the lead to touch a metal object so a guitar isn't actually required.

Tom morello is truly a genius.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi