I have a gibson SG faded special, and I love it to death and im always looking for ways to customize it.

right now i was looking at
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/Locking_Roller_Bridge_with_Bigsby_B70_Vibrato.html

and i dont know if it would fit... I guess the only thing that would matter was if the roller bridge would be a direct replacement. I could screw in the bigsby, but I couldnt really redo the bridge holes or posts. So as long as the bridge fits in where the tune o matic bridge is it should be fine.

Also could you order one thats from gibson, like the vibrola's that come stock on some of their SG's, like the angus sig model? And does anyone know if this has been done?

as always, thanks!
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
theres been so many threads about putting trems on SG's lately.
it looks dumb, its not practical and its impossible to get a vibrato bridge for the SG that will stay in tune.

buy anoher guitar that will do the job properly instead.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
it looks dumb, its not practical and its impossible to get a vibrato bridge for the SG that will stay in tune.

Have you seen the Vibrola bridges on Gibsons or the Floyd Rose ones of the Epi Extremes?
They both work very well, are very practical for people that use it AND if set up correctly/well enough, work absolutely fine!
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by danielrobbyshor

Yes, after he said he loved this guitar to death... . People aren't made of money you know.

I don't see why this wouldn't fit. I would try to do more research first though. And for your other question, I think they would do it on a custom model but not just put one on. I think they are exclusives.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
go on Bigsby.com. im pretty sure they do have some that fit SGs. Theres a place on the site where u can see what one would look like on an SG.

As for Vibrolas, im pretty sure u cant buy em.
Quote by qotsa1998
go on Bigsby.com. im pretty sure they do have some that fit SGs. Theres a place on the site where u can see what one would look like on an SG.

As for Vibrolas, im pretty sure u cant buy em.

You can buy them, I'm gonna get the bloody link to show you!

EDIT:
EBAY!
http://cgi.ebay.com/1960s-Epiphone-Maestro-Vibrola-Tailpiece-Vibrato-NR_W0QQitemZ320162347134QQihZ011QQcategoryZ119094QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not quite the Lyre, still, if you want an original, expect big bucks!
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Last edited by Kingyem0c0re at Sep 26, 2007,
most posts ive seen are with trems, and I agree that a floating trem on an SG wouldnt look that great, and I dont know how well it would hold up with the thin body.

But I dont plan on getting this soon, I gotta save up some money first. Because like yall said money doesnt grow on trees. But it wouldnt necessarily have to be an original.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/Locking_Roller_Bridge_with_Bigsby_B70_Vibrato.html would look great in my opinion, I plan on getting some black or silver humbucker covers to go with it. and its 120$... little pricey but not out of my reach, but that comes with the roller bridge and the vibrola.

Thinking about it, I could probably set it up myself, but if it was off just by a little bit, it would irritate me, so I would prob get it set up professionally, just to be safe about it and to make sure that I would be happy with it.

but thanks for the info, I will definately do more research on them before I splurge to buy one. But any other opinions, postive or negative, is still appreciated either way

*EDIT*
I tried finding the bigsby website and couldnt come up with anything official
the closest thing I could find was
http://www.universaljems.com/cart/bridgebigsby.htm

and if you find the B70, it says that it fits flat solidbody guitars... but thats still a little too general for me
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 at Sep 26, 2007,
The dude from Wolfmother has a Bigsby on his SG standard.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
yea, but I really like the ones with the tail peices, like
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Bigsby_vibrato_tailpieces/4/Bigsby_Vibrato_Tailpieces.html

but im thinking that it might be too long to fit on my SG. from what ive heard the B5 is the only one that fits a SG
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Hmm, it probably won't fit.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
yea, I emailed bigsby and got more information, basically only the B5 series will fit

:P but i still like the way they looks, and the trem functions would work just as well
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Last edited by ICANSEEYOU7687 at Sep 27, 2007,
Dude, hows it going? Did u get a Bigsby in the end, if so how did it go? I am very much wanting an SG very soon, and would love a trem as they add so much personality 2 my playin.
wow old thread of mine huh? No i didn't, I heard they had some tuning stability issues, and I tried one in a store and I really just didn't see myself using a vibrato piece very much
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
ahh fair enough, i doubt i'll get one either, maybe with some locking tuners though? Dno, have 2 give it a thought. Cheers nywy (Y)
bigsby trems on sg's are awesome
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
i have a SG with a Maestro on it. Looks sick, usually stays in tune, and its VERY useful and fun. Not sure how easy it is to put them on any sg... but it doesnt seem like it shouldn't fit.

Saying the Red Hot Chili Peppers have no talent is like saying Guy Fawkes didn't have an epic mustache.
LoL man I made this thread such a long time ago...

but if I did ever get a bigsby I heard that
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/Schaller_Roller_Bridge.html

help a lot, and I would also get locking tuners... so I would be looking at 200-300 bucks
B-52 AT 112
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
yes i know this is old but as its still remotely on topic imma say stetsbar ftw!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.