Does anyone besides me think that Trivium are a bit cheap with their instrumentals on Ember To Inferno? I mean, Inception the Bleeding Skies is just A View of Burning Empires backwards... Just like to know what people think of that lol

'The World Is Full Of Kings And Queens, Who Blind Your Eyes Then Steal Your Dreams'
Last edited by Cytagasm at Sep 26, 2007,
They probably thought they were being clever.

It doesn't really bother me TBH, the world is hardly going to end because of it...
trivium smell
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
How is that being cheap? It's not as if they said "Hmm it will be much cheaper to play A View of Burning Empires backwards than to record a new instrumental, lets do that". I think the albums perfect the way it is.
RULE BRITANNIA
Im not too upset about their instrumentals on Ember to Inferno, theyre OK. But I hate the way matt changed his singing style on the new record. thats what pisses me off. He sounds like trying to copy hetfield.
Quote by Craigo
Trivium only thread in the hardcore forum.

And I really don't care.

Shouldn't they be in metal?

Oh well, whatever, I don't like Trivium pre-Crusade. Can't get past the vocals.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
They're not any more. Their first two albums were, but now they're just metal. Besides, metalcore is still metal, no matter how much they may like to deny it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
They're not any more. Their first two albums were, but now they're just metal. Besides, metalcore is still metal, no matter how much they may like to deny it.

Do not even attempt to start a Trivium thread in the metal forum.

They'll tell you wrong.
Quote by break-me-in

Oh well, whatever, I don't like Trivium pre-Crusade. Can't get past the vocals.

Ironic as most people hate the crusade because of the vocals.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Cytagasm
Does anyone besides me think that Trivium are a bit cheap with their instrumentals on Ember To Inferno? I mean, Inception the Bleeding Skies is just A View of Burning Empires backwards... Just like to know what people think of that lol

'The World Is Full Of Kings And Queens, Who Blind Your Eyes Then Steal Your Dreams'

Does it not occur to you that as a first full length album they may not have wanted to spend the extra money just for another minute of track? Anyway I think it was a pretty good ending: the way it started.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Craigo

They'll tell you wrong.

By defenition they are metal, they could easily go under thrash, plus metalcore is a form of metal other wise it wouldn't have metal in its name...

I don't think its cheap though, I think they heard it backward by accident and thought it sounded cool. Or maybe they thought it would sound cool backwards
Quote by break-me-in
Shouldn't they be in metal?

Yes, they should, but people on here think otherwise because they either don't like them, or don't agree with all of their fans and the band themselves.

On topic- I think it's a great idea, the backwards bits make it sound cooler to me.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by jambi_mantra
Ironic as most people hate the crusade because of the vocals.

Not really. Just most original Trivium fans.

I can't really stand full-on death vocals. The closest I can enjoy to death vocals is Pantera

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Not really. Just most original Trivium fans.

I can't really stand full-on death vocals. The closest I can enjoy to death vocals is Pantera

Debatable, I personally don't think he has a good singing voice and don't think their new direction suits them at all but each to their own i guess.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Craigo

They'll tell you wrong.

but however wrong they say, trivium have always been metal regardless, on all 3 of the albums.be it metalcore or just plain metal. theyre still metal. if they are not metal, what are they? i cant seem to put them in any other genre other than metal
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.

Quote by eggo_boi_15
but however wrong they say, trivium have always been metal regardless, on all 3 of the albums.be it metalcore or just plain metal. theyre still metal. if they are not metal, what are they? i cant seem to put them in any other genre other than metal

Yea but the metal forum is basically a death/black/extreme metal forum. Which is why the most common response is "they're not metal, *insert death metal band name* is real metal" which I don't get coz it's not real metal, it's death metal. But meh, I just don't go in there.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Craigo

They'll Rape You.

Fixed
Wolv
personally i find most people in both the metal forum and the hardcore forum to be elitest dicks. i chat about those types of bands ESLSEWHERE. Or in the only trivium thread if you wish, it may be dichead free.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
For heaven's sake...

Metalcore = metal + hardcore, obviously.
Is it a metal sub-genre? yes, if the band puts more emphasis on the metal side of the equation.
Unfortunately, most metalcore bands don't.
Trivium, while being a metal side metalcore band, is still metalcore.
No one feels like listening to every metalcore band and deciding wether its on the metal-ish side, or the hardcore-ish side, so UG decided (not the big bad metal forum) to lump all the metalcore bands in the hardcore forum, since most of them belong there.
Is Trivium a victim of a collective punishment? yes. Can you do something about it? no.

And Trivium are metalcore. One metal album as opposed to 2 metalcore albums = band is metalcore.

While most metal forum regulars don't like Trivium (on account of immeasureable amounts of suckage), that is not the reason they are not discussed there.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Please don't turn this into a debate as to whether Trivium is/isn't metal or metalcore. No one ever agrees on these things, people can never get other people to see their view on it, and it generally turns into a massive flame-fest.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Ready2crashNbrn
Im not too upset about their instrumentals on Ember to Inferno, theyre OK. But I hate the way matt changed his singing style on the new record. thats what pisses me off. He sounds like trying to copy hetfield.

trivium are just a hardcore version of metallica, they totally bum them in everyway
Quote by jambi_mantra
Yea but the metal forum is basically a death/black/extreme metal forum. Which is why the most common response is "they're not metal, *insert death metal band name* is real metal" which I don't get coz it's not real metal, it's death metal. But meh, I just don't go in there.

The less "brutal" bands and sub-genres get plenty of postage too, you know.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
To the people that say Matt heafey sounds to much like Hetfield, i say So What?
It's not like metallica has released anything deacent lately (lately being like 10 years). So its actually good to hear something similar on "The Crusade". Honestly, im one of those people who can't stand all pre-Crusade Trivium, I'd rather be able to understand the lyrics instead of hearing random screams.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by Craigo
Trivium only thread in the hardcore forum.

And I really don't care.

HAHAHAHAH

Hardcore my arse!
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Quote by dead-fish
For heaven's sake...

Metalcore = metal + hardcore, obviously.
Is it a metal sub-genre? yes, if the band puts more emphasis on the metal side of the equation.
Unfortunately, most metalcore bands don't.
Trivium, while being a metal side metalcore band, is still metalcore.
No one feels like listening to every metalcore band and deciding wether its on the metal-ish side, or the hardcore-ish side, so UG decided (not the big bad metal forum) to lump all the metalcore bands in the hardcore forum, since most of them belong there.
Is Trivium a victim of a collective punishment? yes. Can you do something about it? no.

And Trivium are metalcore. One metal album as opposed to 2 metalcore albums = band is metalcore.

While most metal forum regulars don't like Trivium (on account of immeasureable amounts of suckage), that is not the reason they are not discussed there.

Winner.
*reported*
Should go to trivium only thread.
Don't post anymore
Opeth - Tool - Ephel Duath - Cynic