I'm looking to buy this guitar but no music store near me supplies it so i have to buy it from the interwebs. Could anyone tell me their thoughts if they've tried of have this guitar.

I'm not so much looking for other recommendations unless it turns out this guitar is extremely bad and there are couple more alot better. If thats the case I'm looking for string through/fixed bridge and set more to metal.

Thanks in advance!
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
I've played one, their really good, nice sustain, good finishes, amazing pickups, and just look sweet. It has a real good set up, though I still prefer my action lower its still good.
The guitar is very good for the money. Good pu's, thin and fast neck, good wood and made in japan

I tried the DK2, wich is the same except the floyd and the 2 single coils.
Sweet, i have £420 at the moment and i'm gonna save the rest for a nice new amp.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
how much do you have for geetar and amp together?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love mine. I'm going to go as far as to say it plays as well as any thing you can buy by ESP/LTD, Gibson, and Ibanez for around at $1200. I love the tone of mine too, and sounds amazing for solo's. The neck pickup isn't bad, but I wanted something hotter so I shoved a Gibson 498T in there. Sound wise, its great for 80s metal and shred, as well as 80s thrash. very tight sounding with lots of presence, though it is at times lacking in bass response (I think is due in part to my amp though). They built extremely well as well, and the finishes are top notch. the only true downside is the finish on the hardware is so-so. Here are some pictures of mine (Crimson Swirl is a pain in the ass to take a good picture of):

With Flash
Without Flash
Body Shot without Flash
Well i got about £140 for the amp so far but i will get more (weekend job and christmas)
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Damn thats nice and thanks for the informations it sounds great.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
how much more? i'd definitely want to spend a similar amount on the amp, if not more, as on the guitar. if that's not possible, rethink the guitar. the washburn x50 pro is at least as nice as that Jackson for £300 on gak for example, and comes stock with duncans. and would leave you more for the amp. obviously if you're willing to save up a bunch for the amp, it doesn't matter, but i'd say it's worth trying the washburn too if at all possible... not much point in paying £500 for the jackson if a £300 washburn will do the job...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
how much more? i'd definitely want to spend a similar amount on the amp, if not more, as on the guitar. if that's not possible, rethink the guitar. the washburn x50 pro is at least as nice as that Jackson for £300 on gak for example, and comes stock with duncans. and would leave you more for the amp. obviously if you're willing to save up a bunch for the amp, it doesn't matter, but i'd say it's worth trying the washburn too if at all possible... not much point in paying £500 for the jackson if a £300 washburn will do the job...

There is a reason the Jackson is more: The build quality. I've played a few of the Washburn X50s and others, and thought there hardware and overall construction was a bit lacking.
Im planning on purchasing this guitar in the future also, i tried it at my local music store and it was great. Great finish, great tone, and the fretboard was amazing felt like my speed and accuracy doubled.
Death, be not proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so
- Follow The Reaper

Equipment-
Ibanez GRG 170DX
Peavey 65 W Studio Pro 112
Quote by CJRocker
I love mine. I'm going to go as far as to say it plays as well as any thing you can buy by ESP/LTD, Gibson, and Ibanez for around at $1200. I love the tone of mine too, and sounds amazing for solo's. The neck pickup isn't bad, but I wanted something hotter so I shoved a Gibson 498T in there. Sound wise, its great for 80s metal and shred, as well as 80s thrash. very tight sounding with lots of presence, though it is at times lacking in bass response (I think is due in part to my amp though). They built extremely well as well, and the finishes are top notch. the only true downside is the finish on the hardware is so-so. Here are some pictures of mine (Crimson Swirl is a pain in the ass to take a good picture of):

With Flash
Without Flash
Body Shot without Flash

Just to et ya know, ive heard a regular DK2 that a guy swapped out the bridge pickup for a tone zone, that definitely fixed it, sounded great IMO.

In regards to the DK2 or the washburn argument I can't really say much because I've never played or even seen the washburn but I have played the DK2 and it was awesome
Quote by Diamond Dave
Just to et ya know, ive heard a regular DK2 that a guy swapped out the bridge pickup for a tone zone, that definitely fixed it, sounded great IMO.

In regards to the DK2 or the washburn argument I can't really say much because I've never played or even seen the washburn but I have played the DK2 and it was awesome

I find the best fix is to swap for a Duncan Distortion, since its the pretty much the same pickup as the JB, but with a ceramic magnet, and thus the tones are pretty similar, but with more bass response. And I have nothing against the Washburn at all. I just think it didn't seem as well made the Jackson or sounded quite as good. It also had mroe fret buzz then the Jackson.
Ill more than likely have enough money to get an amp the same price as my guitar.
I can get the jackson for £340, but i prefer the jackson to the washburn.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Quote by CJRocker
There is a reason the Jackson is more: The build quality. I've played a few of the Washburn X50s and others, and thought there hardware and overall construction was a bit lacking.

i was particularly unimpressed with the dkmg i tried. though i guess that might just have been a lemon. nothing i could put my finger on, it just felt like a cheap guitar with EMG's. it's a while since I've tried the washburns, but i thought they were great for the cash. Opinions can change over time of course...

though as far as I'm aware, £340 is a pretty decent price for the dkmg.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?