Ok, I asked before and got no replies, so I'll try again.

My schools PA sucks. We have Shure sm58 mics and an ancient Peavey power mixer that's at least 15 years old.

Whenever it's used at concerts, the vocals are so muddy you can't tell what they're singing.

Is there anyway to improve the clarity of the PA? Turning the treble up doesn't work too well

Thanks in advance
its not the mics for starters.
shure sm58 ftw.

try it with a different pa and if it still sounds crap its the speakers.
or maybe whoevers operating it doesn't know how to use it and is EQing it badly?

either way its not your mics
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by danielrobbyshor
its not the mics for starters.
shure sm58 ftw.

try it with a different pa and if it still sounds crap its the speakers.
or maybe whoevers operating it doesn't know how to use it and is EQing it badly?

either way its not your mics

We've got some 4-channel (no, not 4Chan) amp heads, but they're just as muddy.

For speakers, we have 1x12 and 1x15 inch cabs, each with tweeters. It's muddy no matter what.

And the guy operating is a certified studio technician. Or so he says
yamaha.... they have an 8400 watt sound system unless you're looking for bigger *laughs*
(decent imo)
could be the acoustics of the venue or something

think its a case of trial and error. just keep fiddling with it all.

usually peavey have a good reputation for their pro audio.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
he's right, though
peavey is used by alot of local bands i know and the amplification and everything sounds great *shrugs*
It's either outside, or in a large concert hall.

However, in the small rooms of our music department, it's no different. Seriously, I think it's just the equipment. Is there any sort of enhancer I can use?
scoops mids \m/
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!