is a tomato a fruit or a vegetable?????? who knows for sure?????????/ who thinks they know??????????? im really bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol plz respond lol hahaha
fruit

/thread
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
It's a fruit.

Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by SkyValley

who uses IE anymore, honestly.

and the tomato is technically a fruit. but its great in pasta sauce, unlike most other fruits (not a big fan of real sweet sauce)
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by SuperBlob
It's a berry. Unlike strawberries and raspberries, which aren't berries

I call BS on you Rob!

But I'm not sure... wikipedia here I come
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
WIKIpedia yo

Botanically, a tomato is the ovary, together with its seeds, of a flowering plant: a fruit or, more precisely, a berry. However, the tomato is not as sweet as those foodstuffs usually called fruits and, from a culinary standpoint, it is typically served as part of a salad or main course of a meal, as are vegetables, rather than at dessert, as are fruits. As noted above, the term "vegetable" has no botanical meaning and is purely a culinary term.

This argument has had legal implications in the United States. In 1887, U.S. tariff laws that imposed a duty on vegetables but not on fruits caused the tomato's status to become a matter of legal importance. The U.S. Supreme Court settled the controversy in 1893 by declaring that the tomato is a vegetable, based on the popular definition that classifies vegetables by use, that they are generally served with dinner and not dessert (Nix v. Hedden (149 U.S. 304)). The holding of the case applies only to the interpretation of the Tariff Act of March 3, 1883, and the court did not purport to reclassify the tomato for botanical or other purposes other than paying a tax under a tariff act.

The tomato has been designated the state vegetable of New Jersey. Arkansas took both sides by declaring the "South Arkansas Vine Ripe Pink Tomato" to be both the state fruit and the state vegetable in the same law, citing both its botanical and culinary classifications. In 2006, the Ohio House of Representatives passed a law that would have declared the tomato to be the official state fruit, but the bill died when the Ohio Senate failed to act on it. Tomato juice has been the official beverage of Ohio since 1965. A.W. Livingston, of Reynoldsburg, Ohio played a large part in popularizing the tomato in the late 1800's.

But due to the scientific definition of a fruit, the tomato remains a fruit when not dealing with US tariffs. Nor is it the only culinary vegetable that is a botanical fruit: eggplants, cucumbers, and squashes of all kinds (such as zucchini and pumpkins) share the same ambiguity.
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
Pretty much any plant material you eat can be described as vegetable, fruit is a more specific term.

So both
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Quote by illuzion_ownz
this is dumb
its a fruit
this has been justified
for about 300 years
where have you been?

why
are
you typing
like this?
<Omri> I love trannys too..
heh
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
um why is everyone still arguing about this? it was just some stupid thing i came up with me and my friend fallen angle666 came up with the rare asian water squirell