I sanyone else doing their UCAS forms? How do you set priorities (y'know, like first choice Manchester, but if I don't get there I want Bristol etc etc?)
you don't need to, you wait til you get accepted then pick your choice and reserve i think, though i did it in a cafe in thailand 3 years ago!
Bono: "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

Audience member: "Well, f*cking stop it then!"
That's all wrong, bristol should be at the top >.>

when you're putting the choices on the form you don't need to worry about the order they go on there. When you have six they'll ask which is 1st and 2nd choice.
Quote by conceptne
I sanyone else doing their UCAS forms? How do you set priorities (y'know, like first choice Manchester, but if I don't get there I want Bristol etc etc?)

You dont, you just select all the courses your applying for. Once its been sent, you get a letter with a track number and can track it online. When you get your offers, you use the tracking service and select your first, second and third choices there.
Yeah, it's like clement1 says. Don't worry about it! They expect you to change your mind some time during the year, and we're not expected to make any real decisions for some time yet anyway.

What course you going for anyway?
So let me get this straight.. in the UK, you take your GCSE or whatever it is... then your score determines which universities you are eligible to go to? Then you select what your first, second, third , etc. choice is and the universities determine whether or not the want you?

I'm probably way off, but somebody explain the process to me, please
1) You apply
2) The universities decide whether to accept you based on your predicted A level grades and general merit.
3) They make you an offer if they want, conditional to the fact you achieve the grades you need.
4) You choose a firm offer and an insurance offer out of the uni's that have offered you a place. The insurance offer usually requires lower grades to get in, hence 'insurance'
5) If on results day you get the results you need for your firm offer, you go there, if they aren't good enough for your firm but are good enough for insurance, you go to your insurance. If you don't get the grades for your insurance, you go to neither.
Just choose 6 universities.
Attend the interviews or whatever, and then they'll respond to you in whatever way and tell you if you get accepted or not.

Then you respond to them selecting your "firm" and "Insurance" choice universities, and discard the other 4 choices.

Quote by RockThe40oz
So let me get this straight.. in the UK, you take your GCSE or whatever it is... then your score determines which universities you are eligible to go to? Then you select what your first, second, third , etc. choice is and the universities determine whether or not the want you?

I'm probably way off, but somebody explain the process to me, please

Year 10 and 11 are for GCSEs (about 10 subjects, give or take)
12 and 13 are for A levels (for most people, 4 subjects for year 12, then you drop one leaving 3 subjects for year 13)
You take your GCSEs around age 16 (usually you do between 8 and 10).

You take your AS levels around age 17 (usually you do 4).

You take your A levels around age 18 (usually you do 3).

You apply for university whilst you are studying for your A levels. You submit your GCSE and AS level grades, and your teachers' predictions for your A level grades.

Your application is sent to the universities you name on your application form (up to 6, the only limitation I know of being that you're not allowed to apply to both Oxford and Cambridge).

Universities review it and will give you an offer of a place that can either be unconditional or conditional. Conditional offers require you to get certain grades in your A levels.

Once you have the conditional offers you pick your first and second choices. If you make the grades to go to your first choice, you go there. Otherwise you go to your second choice, unless you didn't make the grades for that place either.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
That's all wrong, bristol should be at the top >.>

when you're putting the choices on the form you don't need to worry about the order they go on there. When you have six they'll ask which is 1st and 2nd choice.

Only 5 choices now
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club