im going to buy a new valve amp, ive tried out the fender hot rod deluxe and it was amazing. i mainly play metal but i want a good clean sound. ive also heard the peavey classic 30 is very good amp and likewise for the orange tiny terror although i havent tried the orange tt or the peavey classic 30. will the tiny terror be loud enough for gigs? are there any other valve amps in that price range?
Ibanez RG570 w/Dimebucker , Seymour Duncan 59
Squier Affinity Tele
Boss SD-1
I say Classic 30 if you like cleans

But...

If you're in America I would recommend a Crate Palomino V32 and EHX Metal Muff over either of those.

EDIT: Damn, you aren't
i'd go for orange
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
you might as well have asked banana, boat, or tree
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by ECistheBest
laney.

Thats like somone asking:
Apple, Orange, or Banana

And you say
Pear
no, it's like someone asking:
pizza, hamburger, or burrito

and i say
sushi.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Laney LC30

[/thread]
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Hot Rod Delux is a nice amp. Not exactly suitable for metal, although I've gotten decent metal sounds out of Fender amps before with an EQ pedal and a Dist pedal. If you play 90% metal, then you should pass on this.

Despite the love a lot of people have for Orange amps, I don't like them. Tiny Terrors do live up to their name though. I can't say you'd get a good clean out of them at gig volume though.

Peavey 30 is a great amp, nice cleans, nice crunch, not exactly metal though either. Might be a little better looking at a Classic 50 if you want good cleans at gig volume though.

Honestly none of those three are really suited for Metal though. Like someone else mentioned, have a look at Laney.
when you say you want a nice clean, you mean in addition to a nice metal distortion, right?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I dunno if it's gonna be PRIMARILY your metal amp, but check out a Hot Rod Deluxe with a metal muff thrown infront of it.

Yes, Yes.

You are right about the cleans too. Unbeatable. Great over-drive channels too. Sexy reverb as well. What more could you want in an amp?