Hey guys my first time here in the bass guitar forum just needed a little help !!!

Bit of background.

I am primarily a guitarist but i also sing and write songs, typically thrash metal type stuff and i have a recording setup in my bedroom to fully cover somplete songs on my own, i play my guitar through my podXT into a digital sampler, i record my vocals using the sampler too and a condensor microphone, and for drums and bass i use Midi, drums are fine as i have some very good midi drum software which sounds amazing and programming drum loops isnt too hard, but bass is another story it takes me forever to program just one bass lick sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I need a bass guitar just for recording when i cover songs and write my own im not too fussed about it as guitar is my real passion just something to run into my PODXT and record with to fill that gap, i dont want to spend any more than £150 and i need it from a UK or european site preferably

Any suggestions, links, advice is greatly apreciated as i have no idea what bass to get.

Thanks in advance !
Last edited by Talentless at Sep 26, 2007,
If you're only willing to spend £150 then I'd recommend an Epiphone bass. My personal favorite is the Les Paul bass.
Ive heard bad things about epiphone basses wanna avoid them and not too fond on epiphones in general.

Whats the better wood for a bass guitar alder or basswood? i know how the wood is for guitars but with basses which is generally better? and which gives a more metal sound.

im looking at

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/yamaha-rbx270/3449

and

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/peavey-millenium-4-bxp/66575 in particular

Which would you prefer?

Thanks guys !
Last edited by Talentless at Sep 26, 2007,
I'm a big fan of the peavey, for that money thats my favorite bass i've tried, a friend of mine has it as his main gigging bass because of it's good tone and it's small and light enough to throw around a bit.
'Member of the official Biffy Clyro Fanclub. PM onlyonehere to join'
Alder and bass wood simply give different tones.

Basswood is often shunned, yet, the MM Bongo which has near legendar tone iis basswood. Alder is more a classic bass wood, while basswood is warmer.

Just go to a shop and try them out FFS!!!!
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by ajaggysnake
I'm a big fan of the peavey, for that money thats my favorite bass i've tried, a friend of mine has it as his main gigging bass because of it's good tone and it's small and light enough to throw around a bit.

this man does speak the truth.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."