ive been playin just over a year and a half and as my birthday is comin up quick i want a new amp i wud like summit aroun 50 watt valve amp new or used and i dunno wot to get, i like rock, bles hard rock ,metal especially that vintage rock tone of ac/dc and gnr so gimme ur ideas please
Last edited by Jimbleton at Sep 26, 2007,
You gotta let people know what is your budget. Also 50 watts is a bit much if you are just playing at home.
no have a 15 watt to play at home so this is for giggin and such like erm i dunno wot my budget is probs nothin more than £400 so is that $800 i aint sure but u ge the idea
Laney LC30 or VC30. The VC is more modern voiced, with more gain, so maybe not the best choice for AC/DC, as they're relatively low gain.

Also, they're 30 watts tube, which is more than enough for gigging, trust me.
sounds good yea acdcare low gain but i play mettallica trivium and pantera as well but i hae a multi fx for that extra gain
peavey windsor and somehow find a cab for £100.

vc 30 is nice, but you might be disappointed for the heavier stuff. alternatively a randall rg50tc, but you'd be disappointed for the more classic rock stuff. a peavey valveking might be a good compromise, actually. or maybe a marshall dsl401. or laney lc30. or peavey classic 30.

so, er, yeah. try all those and get back to us.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Jimbleton
ive been playin just over a year and a half and as my birthday is comin up quick i want a new amp i wud like summit aroun 50 watt valve amp new or used and i dunno wot to get, i like rock, bles hard rock ,metal especially that vintage rock tone of ac/dc and gnr so gimme ur ideas please

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe man.

Awesome cleans, Beautiful mild over-drive, awesome heavy over-drive. For metal throw a good somethin', like a metal muff infront and you are away.

Vintage yet pwnage. I like that.
A used Laney GH50L off Ebay would be perfect.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112