Page 1 of 2
vayn23
111 IQ
Hi, just got into hardcore (or metalcore, whatever). I really like Comeback kid (they aren't christian btw) and scarlet (now dead ). Could anyone recomend some good metalcore like them. No deathcore or authentic hardcore. And yes, I did a search. Thanks!
guitarwannabe16
2,376 IQ
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
jparks
Jackson DXMG
56 IQ
hmmm.... lets see here... ahhh -1
To live is to Die...
guitarwannabe16
2,376 IQ
Quote by jparks
hmmm.... lets see here... ahhh -1

Fail

To TS, use that thread and check out Botch in the meantime if you like Scarlet
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
zayG
SIQQ CHUGZ BRAH
1,193 IQ
err...

Comeback Kid IS authentic hardcore, I don't see how you could think they were metalcore at all :\
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker
Cedence
1,062 IQ
If you like Comeback Kid, give these a listen:

Bane
Champion
Have Heart
Final Fight
Life Long Tragedy

And for the record, Comeback Kid is a hardcore band.
vayn23
111 IQ
um...thanks for the actual replies lol. And what I meant was Minor Threat and Comeback kid don't sound terribly similar to me :\

edit: sorry for not seeing the metalcore thread lol. self -1
Last edited by vayn23 at Sep 26, 2007,
the boogieman
525 IQ
Quote by Cedence
If you like Comeback Kid, give these a listen:

Bane
Champion
Have Heart
Final Fight
Life Long Tragedy

And for the record, Comeback Kid is a hardcore band.

that is an excellent list of bands

+1
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
fridge_raider
527 IQ
Quote by vayn23
um...thanks for the actual replies lol. And what I meant was Minor Threat and Comeback kid don't sound terribly similar to me :\

edit: sorry for not seeing the metalcore thread lol. self -1

That's because Minor Threat are over 20 years old. They are both hardcore though.
There is poetry in despair.
vayn23
111 IQ
Ah, I just figured that once post-hardcore hit people just misused the word hardcore. Lol. Thanks for the help/schooling
af_the_fragile
Banned
1,289 IQ
There is a big difference between hardcore and metalcore.

Hardcore is more than just a music genre, its a lifestyle. Its anti-establishment, its about self preservation, and focuses on serious political and social issues. A lot of heart goes into hardcore music.

Metalcore is just a music genre. Its usually bands that aren't good enough to play trash and don't have the attitude and lifestyle of hardcore. They play music that appeals to a more mainstream audience...

Comeback Kid is hardcore. Don't confuse them with metalcore.. there's a big difference!!

And for some recommendation,
If you like Comeback Kid, give a listen to:

With Honor (awesome hardcore band and really similar to Comeback Kid)
Hatebreed
Stick to Your Guns
Modern Life is War

They're hardcore and you might like them too...
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Sep 27, 2007,
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Listen to Move Ahead.

Btw they were a Christian band. I've read reviews with them in HM magazine, a christian music magazine.This was right after Wake The Dead came out with their old vocalist but I'm pretty sure they still are.
fridge_raider
527 IQ
Quote by af_the_fragile

Hardcore is more than just a music genre, its a lifestyle. Its anti-establishment, its about self preservation, and focuses on serious political and social issues. A lot of heart goes into hardcore music.

Metalcore is just a music genre. Its usually bands that aren't good enough to play trash and don't have the attitude and lifestyle of hardcore. They play music that appeals to a more mainstream audience...

Comeback Kid is hardcore. Don't confuse them with metalcore.. there's a big difference!!

Hatebreed
Stick to Your Guns
Modern Life is War

Can't really say I agree with much of this. Whilst hardcore could be interpreted as a lifestyle, you can't really say that it isn't a music genre, in my opinion.

Also, metalcore is made for the mainstream? Are Shai Hulud really what the mainstream would listen to? Botch???

Fair enough with the watered-down ones such as Trivium, Bullet et al, but you get bands like that in any genre.
There is poetry in despair.
the boogieman
525 IQ
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Listen to Move Ahead.

Btw they were a Christian band. I've read reviews with them in HM magazine, a christian music magazine.This was right after Wake The Dead came out with their old vocalist but I'm pretty sure they still are.

they are signed(or used to be) to a label that was made up mainly of christian bands

i dont think they are or were a christian band

correct me if im wrong, please

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Quote by the boogieman
they are signed(or used to be) to a label that was made up mainly of christian bands

i dont think they are or were a christian band

correct me if im wrong, please

They were on the Cover of HM more than once, and their cds would be throughout the issues and they did big stories on them. I would be almost 100% positive that they used to be a Christian band, at least, if they aren't still now.
The Dead Walk
166 IQ
Quote by af_the_fragile

Hatebreed
Stick to Your Guns
Modern Life is War

Remove yourself from the www.
the boogieman
525 IQ
i wouldnt put it past them if they were a christian band

a lot of religion connotations can be found in their older stuff

Quote by Dempsey68
vayn23
111 IQ
Only 2 members of the band are even christian :\
And thanks for all the bands
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
theres a difference between personally being a christian and IN a band, and being an actual christian band.

id definitely agree with bands like champion, have heart, bane, and with honor (although only half of 'this is our revenge' remains exciting, so maybe seek out something different to that). id also throw this is hell into the ring.
guitarwannabe16
2,376 IQ
No, because they're modern hardcore punk.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
recklessnick
Almost Wasted
4,633 IQ
Quote by waldorphPRS41
Listen to Move Ahead.

they are christians. but they are not a christian band because they dont preach like underoath. figure four is a christian band
waldorphPRS41
quixotic
1,984 IQ
Quote by recklessnick
they are christians. but they are not a christian band because they dont preach like underoath. figure four is a christian band

Yeah I know, some of the members of Comeback Kid came from Figure Four didn't they?
recklessnick
Almost Wasted
4,633 IQ
they are just christians but they dont sing about christianity or preach about it in their songs at all. so they are most definately NOT a christian band.

and comeback kid is a hardcore punk band, not metalcore. stick to your guns is metalcore with alot of hardcore influences
xKurtx
Count me out.
533 IQ
Just to set the record straight I remember reading an old interview with them (with the original lineup sans bass player) that some of the members have a relationship with God but they are not a christian band.

They put out one record on Facedown and that was probably more related to the members of Figure Four tag rather than anything in the actual lyrics.
HairyRice
21 IQ
Try Verse, This is Hell, Down to Nothing, Final Fight, Triple Threat, Just Say Go, Set it Straight, Sinking Ships, Have Heart, WIth Honor, etc.
recklessnick
Almost Wasted
4,633 IQ
^ comeback kid are better than all of them. i dont like hardcore bands whose songs all dont have a memorable guitar riff or a chorus. its just verses and verses going on and on
aggiefan33
196 IQ
Quote by recklessnick
^ comeback kid are better than all of them. i dont like hardcore bands whose songs all dont have a memorable guitar riff or a chorus. its just verses and verses going on and on

EPIC FAIL

keep trying
guitarwannabe16
2,376 IQ
Quote by recklessnick

Try any one of those bands are better than Comeback kid.
Quote by werty22

Quote by recklessnick

Heres lookin to you
recklessnick
Almost Wasted
4,633 IQ
fail? i fail? how can i fail when that is my opinion and its right to me. YOU fail.
let me correct myself. i prefer comeback kid better than any of those bands. they are more melodic to me and their songs dont actually all sound the same.
andyq777
sup?
58 IQ
Quote by recklessnick
its just my opinion man. i dont have to like those bands just because you guys tell me they're good

its not your opinion, its the stupid reasoning behide it that bothers us
zayG
SIQQ CHUGZ BRAH
1,193 IQ
cause have heart doesn't have any memorable choruses

or any of those bands don't have anything memorable for that matter
Ibanez SZ720FM
Ibanez GSZ120
VOX AD50VT
BOSS DF-2 Super Distortion & Feedbacker