Hi, some friends of mine and I are planning on playing at the school talent show, however, we are having a tough time choosing the right song to play. Personally, I prefer Metal, however, I do not believe that may people will appreciate it. My friend was thinking of nothing else matters, which i can already play, but would this song be to simple or easy and not impress anyone? Can anyone suggest a good song to play for a large enough audience? I am also into classic rock(ACDC, guns n roses, etc.) but will consider any genre of music. Thanks.
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Don't do metal, everyone will hate it, seriously.

Maybe a popish classic rock song, like Sweet Child of Mine, November Rain, or like you said some AC/DC.

If you want to be badass, play Pink Floyd.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I believe ''Start Me Up!'' from the Rolling Stones would go down well with the crowd. If they don't like good Rock'n'Roll, I don't know what's gonna work out then..
In my opinion, dont give a sh*t what tose eletist parents think, play whatever the hell you want, and if they dont like it , then f*ck em.
?!
is this one of those talent shows were its mostly just parents? if so, i would go with something older like pink floyd, ac/dc or the stones. if this is one that your peers might be at, then play something that you enjoy. A band in my schools talent show played war pigs from black sabbath and a song i dont know the name to. (it goes "come togethor, right now, over me") no matter what you play, they will be impressed by the fact that you had the courage to get up infront of them and perform.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
**** it play metal just to piss'em off

DESPERATE CRY!!! Sepultura hella
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
it goes "come togethor, right now, over me")

Come Together by the Beatles! Some Beatles might not actually be a bad idea- you like heavy stuff so... maybe Helter Skelter or I Want You (She's So Heavy) would be cool? Both for the parents and for the heaviness you could put into them.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
well, from what I've heard, this "talent show" is more of an informal thing where students perform whatever they wish(ie: sing, guitar, dance, etc.). As well, I hear that the majority of the audience are peers rather than parents. Does anyone think if Nothing Else Matters would be a good song, I realy like playing it, however, I feel that we may not impress many people compared to the other bands playing there.
Jackson DK2M

Mesa Single Rectifier Half Stack

Boss GT-8

Line 6 Uber Metal

Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Peavey Rage 158
Play Foul Body Autopsy by Necrophagist...

You'll become your school's new god!!! or devil... or whatever...!!
if you like metal, play metal.

if you wanna win, play some alternative or some classic band like Rush/Aerosmith or something to butter the judges up.

no one appreciates metal =/
If you wanna impress chicks, play Radiohead....
Dashboard Confessionals will work on the emo chicks too...
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
**** it play metal just to piss'em off

DESPERATE CRY!!! Sepultura hella

+17542754275

Seriously, play what you want. You at least get a chance to play to the school.
Last year my band was going for to play for the school's battle of the bands and we played Death's Crystal Mountain for the audition. Although we had a lot fewer mistakes than the other bands and we preformed it quite well we didn't get in. But you have a chance to play whatever you want to the school...go for it!
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Play "I Cum Blood"...im sorry i had to say it, but really play like Thunderstruck or Rock you Like a Hurricane, something the crowd will start singing lol
Sorry to sound gay lol but Thanks For The Memories by Fall Out Boy is a huge hit at schools.
One Love

“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” -Bob Marley
My band played Money by Pink Floyd last year and the audience went nuts. We did foxy lady the year before and had a reaction that was just as good.