Hi, I´ve been thinking about building my own guitar. I´m going to build a guitar that is similar to a Gibson Les Paul, I think and I wonder what pickups I shall use for it?
I dont want any too expencive cause this is my first build but I want one little smoother and one sharper if u know what I meen. Ive been thinking a price around 50$ to 150$ each. If theres a pickup that u really think is nice and quite cheep, plz tell me
look for SD pickups. stephen design. or wolfetone. swineshead, bareknuckle, bill lawerence, rockmonkeyguitars. they're awesome pickups and i think most are under $150.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
For price, Kent Armstrong has some rather cheap ones. go to WDmusic.com.

For Quality, a good combo would be a JB bridge and a '59 neck, both from Duncan. If u want a more powerful neck pickup, try a Pearly Gates Humbucker, made to sound like Billy Gibbons kinda.
Quote by ECistheBest
look for SD pickups. stephen design. or wolfetone. swineshead, bareknuckle, bill lawerence, rockmonkeyguitars. they're awesome pickups and i think most are under $150.

do u know a hompage?

Btw, thx for all answeres this far
u could fit single coils too. or p90s. but les pauls are common with humbuckers yes.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Burstbuckers FTW! Yep, thats all I have to say. Ooh P90's! I forgot about them. I would look for those too.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Last edited by elekguit at Sep 26, 2007,
yeah I know, but one certain :P theres so many and I like many of them, just cant decide which I want to buy