ok so here's the scenario,

the girl i really like wants me to teach her guitar, she's a complete noob, (has an sg though!), naturally i said yes. but i don't know what to teach her first?

any help?

tar...
Gear: ESP MH250 NT
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
dont teach her, do her
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Teach her the main riff to seven nation army. I've taught a girl and assumed I'd teach her what I had learned for my first song, Smells like teen spirit, but she couldn't seem to get the power chords.

She'll probably feel good about being to play it if she's heard it.
As usual, C.C Deville has it right, but in all seriousness just teach her teen spirit, nice and easy, with a solo too.
Teach her F*ck Her Gently by Tenacious D.

Hopefully she'll get the message.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
yeah ive had girls ask me to teach them and stuff... usually what you do is you get her to come over, first you just shred around and show off for a bit then you get down to teaching her, teach her how to hold the guitar first (great opportunity to get close to her), then teach her how to play a note and all that good stuff, if your smooth enough you could end up with her by the end of the night =D
try some open chords then teach her "house of the rising sun." after that teach her some bob dylan songs like lay lady lay or knockin on heaven's door
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Quote by minibrowny
As usual, C.C Deville has it right, but in all seriousness just teach her teen spirit, nice and easy, with a solo too.

I seriously doubt that anyone who hasn't played guitar can just pick it up and play Smells Like Teen Spirit, especially the solo.

I personally think you should teach her how to play. It can be an easy way to get into a deeper relationship with her.

Maybe you can teach her Time of Your Life by Green Day (not the intro, but atleast the chords).
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
parts of the guitar, tune, string names, frets, open chords (major and minor), powerchords, A minor pentatonic, simple song.

that's what I learned at the beginning, in that order. But I am self taught so I probably did it wrong.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
I seriously doubt that anyone who hasn't played guitar can just pick it up and play Smells Like Teen Spirit, especially the solo.

I personally think you should teach her how to play. It can be an easy way to get into a deeper relationship with her.

Maybe you can teach her Time of Your Life by Green Day (not the intro, but atleast the chords).

Er I found SLTS easier that TOYL. Way easier. And I could play Teen Spirit as soon as I picked up a guitar. (But I knew bass for a year first, so I guess that's cheating..?)
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
fooks sake theres so many threads on this, i swear theres one every week lol

anyway, ill stop complaing and contribute.

Teach her some chromatic excersises and tell her to them every time she picks up the guitar before she starts playing, it'll give her stringer fings, thus making learning easier. Then teach her simple rifss and a bit of theory. End of lesson one.

If you want to get into her pants, make it seem hard, so she thinks you are amazing at guitar, then sit next to her and help her position the guitar while slyly getting close to her. Just be yourself, once done with guitar suggest you chill and listen to some music or something, then make you move, if you played yoru cards right everything will go fine.
say 'making love is like playing guitar' make manic sexy love. then show her how to play. tho, if she's not asleep, you obviously havent put enough effortin ;P
well im already best friends with her but she's 'seeing someone'
hopefully this could be an opening, you think?
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
yeah definitely dimebag
oh dear god no.

I've been in exactly this same position.

don't do it. At most you'll just carry on as friends.

at worst, she'll feel to awkward around you to even make eye contact, and you'll lose a friend.

She probably doesn't even think of you that way because if she did, then you'd know about it and you wouldn't have to do anything (at least that if she's anything like the girl I liked)

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by break-me-in
Er I found SLTS easier that TOYL. Way easier. And I could play Teen Spirit as soon as I picked up a guitar. (But I knew bass for a year first, so I guess that's cheating..?)

Transitioning a single note (bass) to a powerchord (SLTS) is a lot easier than going from a single note to open chords (TOYL).
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
tell her to alternate pick the open strings 6 to one down up down ect.the do string skipping while alternating on the open strings 6-4-2-4-6 then 5-3-1-3-5 all on open strings she will think its a good practice and an easy one,then move on to this

0-1-0-2-0-3-0-4
D U D U D U D U

on the fret board
and run it trhough all the strings starting on 1E
i thought alot of girls don't just concentrate on looks, she is certainly not stunning but thats not y i like her. is there a chance she might change her mind u think, or are we destined to be friends forever. are some girls just concentrated on looks, like most guys on UG
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
Some are. But you'll have to do more than just teach her to play if you want to be with her. You're good friends, yes? Well, over time, start to show her you like her as more than just a friend. Take her out somewhere, treat her well and just be nice to her. Don't use this as a way to get her to like you as anything more than a good friend, though - it'll make her think that's the only reason you taught her to play, and chances are she'll be rather upset about that.
Quote by Dimebag_abbott
i thought alot of girls don't just concentrate on looks, she is certainly not stunning but thats not y i like her. is there a chance she might change her mind u think, or are we destined to be friends forever. are some girls just concentrated on looks, like most guys on UG

Ever heard of the friend zone?

it's nigh on impossible to get out of.

and not all girls are obsessed with looks, but neither are all guys.

of course looks are gonna play some part in it. It'd be naive to think otherwise.

and beauty is subjective anyway.

but this is starting to look like it belongs in the relationship thread. so either concentrate on the teaching material, or take it over there.

Quote by element4433
I suggest starting with basic chords, and get her used to alternating between chords, and get her into basic soloing.
?!
do you think it would be better to teach an easy song to get her into it then other stuff
ESP EX400 ow
Ashton Dualler

Marshall MG50DFX

Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
EHX metal muff
Quote by Dimebag_abbott
do you think it would be better to teach an easy song to get her into it then other stuff

I'd finish the lesson with a simple song so she can see how those techniques are applied.

If you teach her the song, she'll be able to play it but won't understand it.

Quote by element4433