Hey man, that was sweet , and for once you can hear the bass in a song, i guess you had nothing to do with thta tho

The recording quality is very good on this and all the instrument are played well and all have interesting parts. the only bit i didnt like was the bit starting at 1:50 i assume its supposed to be a solo but it just sounds like random mess of hitting notes tbh, id rather listen to a slow solo with melody than random notes at speed anyday. but the rest was great. another problem may be that the ride is quite loud at the section at the end but thats just a recording thing i suppose.

the clean section was a nice change, kept the song interesting right to the end. so basically cut down on the mindless wankage and you got a good song there

mind checking out my song here?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10905716#post10905716

Thanks a lot for the crit man... And that randomness was the solo.... :P .. Our guitarist was happy with it, so its alright.. and yeah....I am the bassist...so..thanks for that too! Keep the crit coming!
Glad to know that you liked it. We're starting off with instrumental stuff, but we might have vocals in the near future! Thanks again!
Some pretty nice soloing in there, but it was WAY over the top in a few spots, most notably from 1:50-2:30. Frankly (and I'm not trying to be mean) I was pretty bored with this song. It seemed like a wankfest except for the toned-down ending, which was pretty cool.
I'm haven't listened to it yet, but I feel the need to post.

Awesome that you're a metal band from india. Where in India?

(I'm indian, but I was born here in california. I've been to india twice, my parents were both born there.)

I was always under the impression that metal was not very well known in India. Do you live in a very urban area, like mumbai or something? Cause that would seem like the only place to me where metal would even have a chance. Are there a lot of metalheads where you live?

Sorry for all the questions. Its cool to see another indian on the forums though. Even though I don't really count.
^^Thanks a lot for the comments. We'll work on having more variety.

@blakkin: Nice to see another Indian in the forums too! And no, we are not from Mumbai or any of the metro's. We're from this small city called Vizag, or Visakhapatnam. You probably might not have heard of it, maybe your parents did. :P . And no, theres not many metal heads over here. In fact, we're the first metal band over here. There's a couple of other punk and garage bands. The metal scene is pretty bleak over here. We got a lucky break and got selected in a state-wide competition and got to come on national tv. So, we kinda got some recognition. And people are slowing starting to open up their minds here. We got a couple of gigs coming up. So, looking forward to enlighten this part of the world.
the beginning sounds a bit over the top, it seemed very haphazard and thrown together, it just didn't gell great, the rhythm section is a little loud, especially the drums, at about 1:30 in the song u can hardly hear anything bar cymbals, the solo was a bit all over the place but i dint hate it, the slow section was cool

it was a good song just needs bit of tweeking!

mind critting my song?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680163
Quote by jayant412
^^Thanks a lot for the comments. We'll work on having more variety.

@blakkin: Nice to see another Indian in the forums too! And no, we are not from Mumbai or any of the metro's. We're from this small city called Vizag, or Visakhapatnam. You probably might not have heard of it, maybe your parents did. :P . And no, theres not many metal heads over here. In fact, we're the first metal band over here. There's a couple of other punk and garage bands. The metal scene is pretty bleak over here. We got a lucky break and got selected in a state-wide competition and got to come on national tv. So, we kinda got some recognition. And people are slowing starting to open up their minds here. We got a couple of gigs coming up. So, looking forward to enlighten this part of the world.

Friggen Awesome. A noble cause you've got there

I liked the song too. I'll definitely check out your recordings as you put them up.

(And if you get a singer, god forbid he have an accent. Please don't do that to me. Unless he screams, in which case it might not matter too much. But still.)

EDIT: (And I asked my mom about the city, she fixed my pronounciation and said she'd heard of it. My indian/gujurati/hindi pronunciation sucks.
Last edited by blakkin at Sep 28, 2007,
YES!!! and indian metal band! awesome stuff man

anyway, not too bad man, very reminiscent of maiden's 'life or death' album for some reason.

however, why was the squeal at the beginning much louder than everything else? i thought you were gonna bust out into a bass solo or some sh*t, coz thats all i could hear in the beginning
sorry about the delay in the reply. I recorded the bass again coz i wasn't too happy with my first effort.. heres the link again!

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/mephistopheles/music/ ....

^^^ Thanks a lot for the crit! Will try harder next time! Checking your song now...

^^Heh!, yeah, we're looking for a singer. We got one, hes looking pretty good. And so true bout the accent bit.. we'll watch out for that! We got a gig coming up! So gotta practise for that... Getting ready to knock some sense into these people!

^Thanks a lot for the comments! Listen to it again with the new bass track if ya can! And I am still working on solos, maybe they'll be some in the next song.. :P

Thanks a lot again everyone!!
You guys have a very cool song there. I liked the way it all came together. The only thing I didnt like was the drum sound and the cymbals were too loud. You can fix that in the mix pretty easily though. Very good job dude. Thanks for the crit.