ok i know this sounds kinda cheesy but im thinking of starting a band that we play classical music songs like stuff from Mozart, Bach, and Bethoven those being ones i can name of the top of my head. except the thing is we convert those songs to like rock and well still be playing the songs just with little changes. should my friends and i try this? have any of you guys tried this?

on a side note i've always have had a dream to play like that while wearing close from that era. yeah i know that's wierd.

anyway i just wanted to know if anyone had tried this or if it works.
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
i hope, for your sake, that you and your friend are really really good at your instruments...

i doubt you'd get much of an audience but if that's what you want, by all means go for it
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by iceman95
on a side note i've always have had a dream to play like that while wearing close from that era. yeah i know that's wierd.

It's "clothes" but anyways... That is weird.

I've never heard any music like that. It's unique, but you'd need a lot of skill to actually make a smooth transfer from classical music to rock while playing the same music.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by RageAgainst...
i hope, for your sake, that you and your friend are really really good at your instruments...

i doubt you'd get much of an audience but if that's what you want, by all means go for it

i know it will be hard and all but im always looking for a new way to musically challenge myself it's the way i learn
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
I like to play classical music on a distorted electric guitar.

Like this (except this guitar noob actually does it much better):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ZnOZ5QNR4

I'm not sure if I'd like it if it were somehow converted into a rock song.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by iceman95
i know it will be hard and all but im always looking for a new way to musically challenge myself it's the way i learn
i mean like really really good...like This good

ok maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration but still...i hope your at least play classical right now
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by Mad Marius

i wouldn't give it lyrics i'd just put a full rock band behind it

EDIT: kinda like the way the Trans Siberean Orchestra does it
Quote by ShaunDiel
Last edited by iceman95 at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by Mad Marius

what kind of guitar is that
empty the bullets from the chamber
Quote by Dauntless

+1 cuz that thing's awesome
Quote by ShaunDiel
Quote by iceman95

EDIT: kinda like the way the Trans Siberean Orchestra does it
do you have an orchetsra and choir at your disposal?
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I absolutely hate that style of Music. I love Rock Musci, and I love Classical even more. They just don't combine in my opinion.

To me, music genres are like food. Eating beef and chicken fajitas at the same time sound fantastic. However sometimes two delicious food just don't mix well for me. I personally don't find hot Chili Dogs dipped in cold liquid chocolate pudding very appealing, but that's just me.
Last edited by The Madcap at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by Dauntless

It's an Ibanez PGM 700.

Quote by iceman95

No, it's not the lyrics, I just don't see the two musical styles working together.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
It's going to sound utterly terrible unless you're able to pull off some really nice effects for piano pieces by Ravel or Debussy (for example). I recorded part of a Ravel piece actually... played it backwards and quietly on my electric, then reversed it and it sounded quite beautiful. But Mozart and Beethoven? Cheesy in the extreme. It'll be like the dozens of loser youtube users who record themselves playing Paschebel's Canon. It does NOT sound good.
Quote by GlamSpam

I developed a thought experiment to explain why you can't remember anything before you were born:
Quote by RageAgainst...

That's true, as well. With Classical music (especially Bach, which the Thread Starter listed) generally being much more complex than Rock, I recommend studying the classical stylings of whatever instrument you're playing. And I mean really studying them. Good Classical musicians practice 3-6 hours a day. Unless your capabilites at your instrument are very high, you will be simplifying the pieces a good deal, which will just make them mediocre music in my opinion.
ok so i figure MadCap is right cuz he uaually is so i'll pass on the idea. thanks to all your contributions. now let the thread fall down the list.
Quote by ShaunDiel