never heard of em lol
maybe thats why
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
they've been discontinued.

dont worry i think its a temporary thing to circulate stock or something.

they'll be back
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
They still sell them in my local shop. Loads of 'em infact

Edit: Just looked on their website. Doesn't really give a lot of information
ABBA
Quote by zero_wing
They still sell them in my local shop. Loads of 'em infact

exactly
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
They claimed [in Guitarist a few issues back i believe] that they have nothing to offer the current market, and they'd lost the passion for making guitars in the present climate, and that they weill be back with some improved designs when they feel appropriate, could be a long wait
^ That was in Total Guitar too...let me see if I can dig out the article...

'Maverick Guitars, the UK-based company behind the popular X-Series, F-Series and Species rock guitars, has announced that it will cease trading. However, according to the company's director Mark Jam, this may not be the end of the Maverick Story.
"As soon as the time is right and I feel we have something valid to say, Maverick will be back," said Mark, "We have always been passionate to the point of self-destruction and have never wanted our guitars to be just another product on the shelf. If that means taking a step away from the market for a while, then I believe that is the best thing for Maverick to do" '

I hope they do come back with something new, I love Maverick guitars, I'd love to own one someday.
Last edited by DevilMayCare at Sep 26, 2007,
people realised they suck and stopped buying them, they then went bust.
They have some fine models, I think one of them got 5 stars in Guitarist magazine.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
such a shame.

it was refreshing to see a new face on the scene that is English and up there with the likes of Ibanez.

Let down by poor pickups in my opinion - I've never been a fan of Trevor Wilkinson - I mean who chases tone with those pups ? EMGs would have been better, but maybe next time they will go one step further and put in the EMG 81 and 85.

Thanks for the help.
i dont care what a magazine said.

Total Guitar gave them 5 stars, but they also said the Dean Razorback was the best metal guitar ever. Very trustworthy.

they suck. I have one, i know.
Quote by cheames

Total Guitar gave them 5 stars, but they also said the Dean Razorback was the best metal guitar ever. Very trustworthy.

I'd have to admit TG is questionable, they have a riff writing article from Fall Out Boy
Quote by cheames

The reviews in Total Guitar are pretty much ads with a lot of text. That magazine has really gone down hill (pretty much around the same time Jimi Savage left).

Anyway, back on topic. I've never played a Maverick but they look pretty damn nice (I saw a limted edition one a few days ago with a split maple/rosewood fretboard (think old BC Rich double necks)).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by thedonutman
I'd have to admit TG is questionable, they have a riff writing article from Fall Out Boy

i used to like the mag, but its getting more like a gossip mag for kids every month.. gonna have to scrap it i'm afraid.. waste of my hard earned cash.
Quote by cheames
i used to like the mag, but its getting more like a gossip mag for kids every month.. gonna have to scrap it i'm afraid.. waste of my hard earned cash.

My dad used to subscribe so he still has a huge pile of the old ones. The reviews were still slightly honest, the tabs were good and diverse, they covered a lot of genres, they didn't feature an article about Trivium/Avenged Sevenfold/Dragonforce every month and best of all they had Jimi Savage!
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
^ I don't mind it, they have some decent bands interviewed in there sometimes and their CD content is good, I wish they'd mix it up a bit with the tabs at times but it's better than some of the other magazines I've seen (Play Guitar and Guitar World come to mind).

The few Mavericks I've played (F-1 series I believe) I really liked, and I would definitely consider buying one in the future. Out of curiosity cheames what type of Maverick guitar have you got?
I personally have an X-1. My friend has a Species 7 string, which is probably the best one i've played, and another guy i used to hang out with has an F-1. You really can do a lot better for the money. i will concede however that they do look pretty good, and the roller switches are cool. I just don't like 'em. The finishing is just bad. Frets on 'em are really eneven, badly wired. Just a big meh.
Laff no one reads TG anymore, or at least seriously - for improvement Guitar Techniques is where its at, or for general awesomeness Guitar World from the US or everything in an overpriced mag [Guitarist]

But yeah, Maverick guitars look like quite nice instruments, although the volume/tone pots would really irritate me being sort of palm/rolly and stuck in the side of the guitar
I wouldn't buy the F-1 new....I do agree that it's not worth what..nearly £500? I don't think it's THAT good. But I do like it.

I personally think Guitar World is the second worst guitar magazine I've ever come across to be honest! Second only to Guitar Player. But Guitar Techniques is an amazing magazine, I just find it a bit above my ability sometimes. I buy both TG and GT, TG for the songs and video lessons and GT for improving my technique. Interesting how something liked by one person can be hated by another!
^ Haha theres an entire thread somewhere that got hijacked after a post or two and continued onto a huge slagging off of TG for a couple of pages