Page 1 of 3
Well today we had a day off school so me and 3 other of my friends (Me, John, Rob and Mike) decided to head into the city to enjoy the day. Now I'm 16, from rural Ireland so its not very often we get the chance to do this.

Anyway, coming to the end of the day we went into Subway for a bit of food and as we were going in some knackers* decided to grab our attention. 3 of them there, one about 12, the other two about 14 and 17. The young ones are always the toughest, so he started it off. He went to shoulder my friend John as we were entering but he just pushed him away, I started laughing.

"You giving me cheek? I'll brake your f*ckin jaw"

We took no notice, we knew they wanted a fight so we just had a "let them" approach to it. We got our food and when we came out they followed us. We slowed down walking, they passed us out and stopped in front of us.

They immediately went at John, probably cause he's more innocent and weaker looking. I've been told I look pretty f*cking intimidating, surprisingly I've never been in a fight. Mike is short, young looking but pretty strong. Luckily, Rob is the strongest guy in school We're all 16 and around 5'9.
Back on track:

"Were you giving my brother cheek? What the f*uck like?"

John: "What? No, we we're just going into the damn shop."

The little guy slowly squared up to him and thumped him hard on the nose. He just shook his head confused, in a "did that little sh*t just punch me?" fashion.
The 14 year old went to punch him but Rob caught him by the neck and threw him up against the wall. At this point we had just gotten sandwiches in Subway so we were pretty full handed, a fights not worth ruining a meal!
Anyway, The two munchskins went at Rob, we we're getting ready for a fight when it happened. The 17 year old pulled a knife on us, a f*ucking big one too. Mike ran across the road, John ran back and I took a few steps back. Rob was in the middle of the three, holding the small ones back. The guy started waving the knife around while the guys were yelling "yeah go one, do it, knife him, come on!".

I shouted towards him to just go, forget about it and run, cause he would've chanced staying. We backed off a bit and the knackers ran off proud.

*knackers: chavs, townies, scumbags a.k.a. scum of the Earth.

Now that mightn't seem like much, but it was to me. I've never been in a fight before and for a guy to pull a knife on us, less than three feet away from me, was pretty crazy. He definitely didnt have the balls to stab us but still, I kinda think about the worse case scenario.

I had to tell someone about it, my parents would freak, so I've turned UG.
The likely-hood of me getting killed today was tiny and I know people here must've had way better experiences. So basically, what I'm saying is:

Does anyone else have a life-threatening story to share?

If this type of thing was done before, whatever, I needed to get this off my chest.

Discuss.

Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
Welcome to the big city life
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
shoulda just broke that nukkas arm.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
not yet, nope.
I live on a ****ing island which is pretty much devoid of knife crime...
but retards like that just piss me off.
If you yourself pull a weapon to counter them then you're not much better than them, also it's just ****ing risky. But to fight an armed wanker is just stupid. You can't win.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Last edited by dark_gilbert at Sep 26, 2007,
I've been mugged at gunpoint before. Not a pleasant experience. Fortunately I didn't have my wallet on me, so all they got was a guitar pick and my shitty old cell phone. Took a few weeks to get all my contacts into a new one.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Unlucky in a way dude, and in other ways lucky - glad you're okay. All I can really say is I share your feelings in hoping someday soon (like, preferably today/tomorrow), all chavs drop dead.

"The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society"
good thing you're ok, but one of you shoulda popped the younger kids in the mouth, then you woulda been 4 on 1 with the kid with the knife, and my experience with these "knackers", he would have run off like a pussy.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Dude...Dublin City sucks ass...I hate going into the city...there's always a bigger chance of getting mugged or started on than anywhere else in Dublin...

EDIT : WAS this in Dublin?
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Last edited by CrazehSteve at Sep 26, 2007,
At school the ultimate in little chav **** held a knife to (at the time) my best friends throat. For a "joke", and not for any logical reason what so ever.

Weirdest "slowed down time" moment of my life. It was like.. "bloody hell...."

And stuff.

At least I got him expelled.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - my school sucked.
I know you don't want your friend to get stab and all, but 3 against 2... Any chance at all, you and other friend could stop the knife guy and use his knife against himself.
I'm irish too and i know the excact type of people they were,Complete scumbags.
Just make sure that you don't bump into them again.
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
Alas, I haven't got any stories like that. However, I always carry a knife. When I turn 21 I'm gonna get my permit to carry a handgun.
Quote by musicianamedave
I've been mugged at gunpoint before. Not a pleasant experience. Fortunately I didn't have my wallet on me, so all they got was a guitar pick and my shitty old cell phone. Took a few weeks to get all my contacts into a new one.

That kicks my stories ass

I f*cking hate chavs! Americans are lucky 'cause ye'll never see them but I'd take chavs over guns anyday. No one around here would think twice of wearing a gun.

Don't steal, don't lift
was this belfast?
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
Holy ****e.As you said,to some people it may not sound like much,but **** like that seriously affects you.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
meh, prety common occurance in croydon (london)...i've see it pretty often(knifes being pulled) no one actually gettin shanked tho. but my Dad is a teacher at a chav school, and he's seen kids stab each other in classes, in the playground, in alleys near the school etc etc, and my mum is a health visitor in south london (mainly around brixton) so she sees a lot of that kinda stuff too...
Heh. Sorry to hear that, it really sucks...

My town is full of stuff like that. I've just been lucky enough to avoid most of it. I still have the occasional run-in with chavs, but not huge groups. I don't look very intimidating, but I can fight if I have to. Still, if there's a knife involved, you don't fight, you just get away however you can. It's not worth taking the risk at all.
Damn, never got a knife pulled on me, only stuff like metals poles and big ass sticks.

When i was about 13 or just turning this dumbass was walking down my street drunk when my friends and I were going to my house to play halo, and he just straight up knocked me over the head and i fell back and kind of lost vision for a second cause it was so sudden. So, I'm pissed, he's drunk(he was about fourteen, we have a huge problem with under aged drinking around here) and he ends up finding a stick on the ground right near him and starts beating the **** out of me. I was kind of shocked cause he had really good aim for a drunk guy.

For the people who are wondering why a fourteen year old was walking outside, drunk is because he had absolutely no idea where he was. After he hit me about ten times he passed out. So i got to kick him in the chest and all was well.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Eurgh knives are the scum of the UK/Ireland

The government goes on about guns everywhere, but knives are far more common
It really sickens me

Out of interest, what subway did you get? and was it tasty?
livin where i do i get in allot of those situations,i would suggest you just walk away but if you cant,most people that pull out knifes on someone don't use it,but some do which is where you better know how to fight or you could be ****ed..In other words learn how to fight,but when you do it you do dont go around fighting everyone you see..
yea...when I was like 13 some kid in my school pulled a knife on me

It was nothing though, I knew he wouldn't stab me, so I just got really close to him, until the tip of the knife was touching me and told him to do it.

After a few minutes he just left (wouldn't sugest it tho..who knows)
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

I was walking down to a guitar place once and some guy was getting out of his car on the drivers side (closest to the road), a car almost hit him so he yelled some shit. Anyway the car that almost hit him pulled over and the driver got out of the car with a fucking machete and started screaming that he would kill him for a couple of minutes and then ran back to his car. It was pretty frightening at the time but really it seemed more surreal than anything.
Quote by dark_gilbert

If you yourself pull a weapon to counter them then you're not much better than them, also it's just ****ing risky. But to fight an armed wanker is just stupid. You can't win.

Most people who pull knives haven't the slightest clue about fighting with one. It's an item of intimidation. You can win easily if you keep a level head and know what the knife hand is going to do. Which you usually do, because almost anyone that pulls a knife without having been trained in fighting with one instantly prefers to go at you with that than with anything else, and you can see it coming a mile off.

Still advisable to make yourself scarce if you don't know what you're doing though.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I fucking hate people like that. Luckily I've never had such an experience, not with a weapon anyway. Just a kid 3 years younger than me picking a fight, then getting his brother who's 5 years older than me to finish it off.

I can't believe some of these people. When I was their age I wouldn't DREAM of doing that kind of shit.
Thanks for the feedback lads!
Quote by matt92l
was this belfast?

Nope man, Cork.

Time just stopped and it was like, "ok, step back and leave them pass, it aint worth it"

Out of interest, what subway did you get? and was it tasty?

The Subway was a half Italian chicken and cheese toasted, it was way too tasty to throw down for a fight

Don't steal, don't lift
That's pretty ****ed up, good thing you're alright though.
Quote by Longshanks
Alas, I haven't got any stories like that. However, I always carry a knife. When I turn 21 I'm gonna get my permit to carry a handgun.

So you've never been threatened or anything like the threadstarter has, yet you feel the need to carry a gun around with you? Explain.
my life threatning story:
i was at sao pablo, and it started raining, REALLY hard, i was at the airport wating for a flight (go figure) when an all out thunderstorm broke out, so we got into the plane all nice and normal, the airplane is taking off crossing the clouds when suddenly i hear a big bang, and open my eyes ( i was already scared so i had em closed) to see the whole cabin lit, like by lightning, for a second or two, and it went dark again, the airplane shook around and i could hear the engine slowly loosing power(maybee it was my imagination but i heard it)and felt the airplane starting to drop, then the engine went back up and it continued, only for the same thing to happen again. (keep in mind sao pablo has tall mountains surrounding the airport). slowly everything went back to normal, again, my chances of dying: small, but it still scared the s*hit out of me
**** dude, sounds pretty bad. I'm glad you didn't run off and leave your mates

I've had a knife pulled on me about a year back, but, as usual with people pulling out knives, it came to nothing. It was a bunch of pikey's around my area and one of them bumped into my mate, and he's got a big mouth and started asking him what he was doing etc. It all escalated and a couple of punches thrown and one pulled out a knife but never used it.. eventually we just walked in the other direction.

It is always pretty intimidating, even if you are 99% sure they won't stab you, as you said, you immediatly think about what would happen if he did...

With guys like that, it was probably the fact that you ignored them in the first place that spurred them on. In my opinion, and many will disagree I'm sure, the best thing to do with people like that (providing you aren't largely outnumbered) is to immediatly confront them. If you don't they will force you into it, which means they will have the upper hand and probably the first punch. I always try to reply as soon as I can if people try to start something, as they usually realise that you arent a pussy. For instance, last weekend I was walking home at about midnight from a local pub, and these two guys were hanging about in the park near where I live. One of them told me to give him a cigarette..Conversation went like this:

"Bruv set me a fag.."
"Nah bruv ain't got one, and even if I did i wouldn't set u one" (always speak like them!)
"What the fuck, u tryin it?"
"Nah nah bruv sorry didn't mean it like that, but I ain't got one, sorry bruv"
"Alright fuck off then.."

The two of them could easily of beaten me in a fight, I'm quite sure, although the fact that I kind of slightly stood up to them, and THEN backed down made it seem like they had won, which is exactly what they want, and generally gets u out of situations like that.
I went to subway today, I got a turkey and ham, lettice, tomato and cucumber with light mayo. what did you get?

But back on subject, if you didn't know them or met them before (didn't go to same school ext) you'll probly never see them again. Don't worry about it. Just be carefull, I know how bad they are, I live in westhoughton for god sake! lol. Just try and stay out out their way

And sorry to hear about this happening to you too
Quote by Defunkt
The Subway was a half Italian chicken and cheese toasted, it was way too tasty to throw down for a fight

+1
^
Quote by skagitup
**** dude, sounds pretty bad. I'm glad you didn't run off and leave your mates

I've had a knife pulled on me about a year back, but, as usual with people pulling out knives, it came to nothing. It was a bunch of pikey's around my area and one of them bumped into my mate, and he's got a big mouth and started asking him what he was doing etc. It all escalated and a couple of punches thrown and one pulled out a knife but never used it.. eventually we just walked in the other direction.

It is always pretty intimidating, even if you are 99% sure they won't stab you, as you said, you immediatly think about what would happen if he did...

With guys like that, it was probably the fact that you ignored them in the first place that spurred them on. In my opinion, and many will disagree I'm sure, the best thing to do with people like that (providing you aren't largely outnumbered) is to immediatly confront them. If you don't they will force you into it, which means they will have the upper hand and probably the first punch. I always try to reply as soon as I can if people try to start something, as they usually realise that you arent a pussy. For instance, last weekend I was walking home at about midnight from a local pub, and these two guys were hanging about in the park near where I live. One of them told me to give him a cigarette..Conversation went like this:

"Bruv set me a fag.."
"Nah bruv ain't got one, and even if I did i wouldn't set u one" (always speak like them!)
"What the fuck, u tryin it?"
"Nah nah bruv sorry didn't mean it like that, but I ain't got one, sorry bruv"
"Alright fuck off then.."

The two of them could easily of beaten me in a fight, I'm quite sure, although the fact that I kind of slightly stood up to them, and THEN backed down made it seem like they had won, which is exactly what they want, and generally gets u out of situations like that.

+100% man!

On a good note, it was right across the road from my favourite music shop. I got to try out a 60's Strat so I think i'll manage

Anyway, keep with the stories!

Don't steal, don't lift
Last edited by Defunkt at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Some fat guy on a bike tried to rob me with a broken umbrella once

I just said no and walked away.

What the...? It wasn't the Penguin after an encounter with Batman, was it?
Yea...my town has become a mob town lately, everyone has a friend with a gun. Basically u see a chav or some other faggot u ignore him and his dumb ass will forget. You fight with him, kick his ass the next day you get shot.
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
I got mugged walking home at night by 3 black kids once, no deadly weapons involved...unless you count my fists
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
I helped diffuse a fight between friends where each had a knife.

Good times...
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
Quote by Denthúl
What the...? It wasn't the Penguin after an encounter with Batman, was it?

I lol'd, he looked way younger than me anyway, i didn't see it as a threat
Page 1 of 3