Hey, I just started playing guitar a few weeks ago, and I'm having so much trouble switching between chords. I know all of my open chords already, but switching between them just isnt working out.

Also, what kind of practices can you recommend i do, or any tips you could give me as advice. I already can read music and tab, so i dont really need much help there, but playing wise i could use a LOT :-(
as i annoying as it sounds. just keep practising swapping between them.. an eventualy ul do it without thinkin/ looking
You just gotta practice switching chords, I reccomend learning a nice easy song...Patience by Guns N' Roses was what got me good at chord switching!
HOWAYA LUV ;D

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Only a few weeks? you are doing well to be learning the chords at all. Don't fret about the changing. Just work on the ones you need to play songs. Like if you need to go from G to C practice that until it gets a little fast. It will come with time. Keep at it man.
How old are you? If you're hands are big enough you can play barre chords which are easy to switch between
hey a few songs that are really easy and good to practice chord switching are Let Her Cry by Hootie and the Blowfish the verses to Feel like making love by Bad Company Sittin on the dock of the bay by Otis Redding A lifetime by Better Than Ezra and cover me by Candlebox. Hope these help u out
Quote by Eladamri
Only a few weeks? you are doing well to be learning the chords at all. Don't fret about the changing. Just work on the ones you need to play songs. Like if you need to go from G to C practice that until it gets a little fast. It will come with time. Keep at it man.

That says it all. The fact that you are already concerned about chord changes and finger excercises shows that you're making great progress already. Just make up your own finger exercises or play scales. Em pentatonic scale was the first scale I learned .

Just buy a chords and scales book and practice them. By doing so, you will eventually run into chord variations, licks, or notes that sound good and you will start to play around with the notes.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
just find a song with chords that you know and play that song till you are fast enough that it sounds good. then try a song wiht different chords. playing songs is a good way to improve and it is a lot more fun than switching back and forth between 3 or 4 chords that dont really relate in any way. i tried that nonesence for about 10 minutes before i went and got some tabs and started to play
they call og or nothing at all!!
Quote by frusciante_50
How old are you? If you're hands are big enough you can play barre chords which are easy to switch between

I'm 15, and I have tried a few barre chords, but I haven't really started working on them yet. I figured i should work on getting my chords sounding nice and clean. I've also been working on string picking and switching between the strings, like going from 1st string to 4th or whatever, and im already starting to feel like its coming natural to me.

Thank you all for your advice and support, it's really helped

Something I'm having a little trouble is though is where the thumb is supposed to be. Is there like a set rule for it has to be or just wherever it feels comfortable. Right now, My thumb is sitting parallel on the back of the neck. But i've seen people wrap it around or maybe they'll point in the same direction as the neck?
If you know all the open chords then you are doing really well.....Just keep practicing.

I've been playing a few months now and still find it hard to change between some chords cleanley.