I'm at St. John's University, on lockdown, with armed students on the loose

Page 1 of 10
One was apprehended and what I've heard so far is that there are atleast two more and there is a possibe hostage situation. I've been stuck in a classroom, with no professor (he ran away) for about two hours. There's police cars and trucks and helicopters everywhere, but no police officers in this building, which is a bit irritating. You'd think they would have someone in here by now. I'm seated strategically behind a door, though the room offers nothing for use as a weapon should someone barge into the room.

Your thoughts?
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Stab First, Ask Questions Later
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by metalguy001
+1 this in the UK?

look at his location.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
wow man, get out of there.. if you can that is. or sit tight, and try to wait it out.
reach in the darkness for what you can find travel great distance in your mind.
Honestly I think I'm much safer in the building, to leave would mean to enter a large open area where the nearest safety is across a field. They supposedly have rifles, which means it's easier for them to pick me off outside compared to if they had pistols. That's hearsay though, I don't know what they have. But, in any case, I'm on the third floor, and I think (hope) I would know if they're in here before they got to the room I am in.
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

Quote by metalguy001
+1 this in the UK?

If you look, it says his location is in NY...

I suggest not sitting behind the door, you never know, some smartarse could decide to shoot through the door....

I suggest the wall by the door. A nice sturdy wall.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

wow. thats crazy. i would have followed the professor outta there. Ill probably hear about this 2morrow on the news.
I called my loved ones.

Special report: two people who don't know each other that well just hugged in front of me, and now a girl is crying.
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

some crazy guy at SJU with a shotgun? thats new york for you
I see no sign of fortress.
are you alone in the room?
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
Quote by OddOneOut
If you look, it says his location is in NY...

I suggest not sitting behind the door, you never know, some smartarse could decide to shoot through the door....

I suggest the wall by the door. A nice sturdy wall.

That's what I meant, I'm at the wall and if someone tried to open it I could slam against it real quick, doesn't help that I'm on the computer though. Oh well, I'll die browsing UG...

*tear*
I love you guys!
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

that's crazy man.
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Quote by qotsa1998
wow. thats crazy. i would have followed the professor outta there. Ill probably hear about this 2morrow on the news.

Actually i would think it'd be on CNN or something.

Anyways stay indoors, chances are the police might think your one of them and shoot you too.
What's in the room exactly? I'm sure you could improvise a weapon... Probably not the best thing to use first, but it's handy to have one if it comes down to it. Just keep calm. If you panic, things will probably get worse.
There's like 15 other people in the room, some are looking really scared, a girl is crying, some are talking about VT (which is really insensitive) and then me and a couple others are on our laptops like nothing is happening.
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

isn't there even a desk you can break up? a table leg is better than nothing if you can catch the peron entering off guard.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Good luck man, and i wish the best for you
reach in the darkness for what you can find travel great distance in your mind.
i would like to know more about this boss pedal your selling.....
seriously...sight tight? idk I haven't been in enough buildings with armed psychopaths in my lifetime
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Quote by Schneiderman
There's like 15 other people in the room, some are looking really scared, a girl is crying, some are talking about VT (which is really insensitive) and then me and a couple others are on our laptops like nothing is happening.

That'll help you, being cool, calm and collected. Just don't let no fucker in the room! Keep posting.
http://www.stjohns.edu/emergency

At approximately 3 p.m. EST, a male with a rifle in a bag was apprehended on St. John’s University’s Queens Campus. University Public Safety officers quickly disarmed the suspect and have turned him over to the NYPD. No injuries have occurred as a result of this incident.

At this time, the NYPD has a heavy presence on the Queens campus and are conducting an extensive and thorough search of all buildings and facilities. Students have been instructed to stay inside their classrooms and buildings until further notice.

All St. John’s classes on the Queens campus are cancelled for this evening.

Additional information will be forthcoming as it becomes available.

Is that it?
Page last updated on:
26 September 2007; 4:50 PM
If anyone hears anything new let me know cause I''m kind of cut off, I don't have a tv.\

There's a cupboard I would hide in if I heard gunshots but it's locked, and I can't get into it.

The desks are crappy plastic things that wouldn't work even if I broke a leg off, it'd be like using a coat hanger.

The only thing I can see is a crucifix that I could grab off a wall, but I'll sit tight until I hear gunshots.
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

Quote by Schneiderman
Oh well, I'll die browsing UG...

Man I thought yakult would be the first one to die browsing UG...

Good luck with not getting killed!

I suggest using reverse psychology followed by the chewbacca defense if someone breaks opens the door and asks why you shouldn't die like the rest of the pigs.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
UG'S GONNA BE FAMOUS!

Barricade the door. Try to make other people feel better?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
yo wtf that'scrazyman. take care buddy I hope nothing happens to you. Take pictures if ur brave enough but don't risk ur life. shouldn't we call the police or something? email ur family and friends and tell them u love them in case u dont' make it or something. or put on some nice music onf youtube. or a funny video if they come in maybe ucan distract them with something funny and they 'll spare you. seriusly though, i hope u end up ok
Quote by Schneiderman
That's what I meant, I'm at the wall and if someone tried to open it I could slam against it real quick, doesn't help that I'm on the computer though. Oh well, I'll die browsing UG...

*tear*
I love you guys!

Awww, we love you too!

Don't do anyting stupid that could get you or anyone else killed. If someone armed does come in the room, don't scare him.

Good luck xxx
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Schneiderman

You should start reassuring people. Even if you aren't sure, tell them that everything will be fine. Give the girl that's crying a hug and tell her it'll be okay. Then, try getting a message to the police so they can send someone in to get you all out.
Quote by BHC zoley
i would like to know more about this boss pedal your selling.....
seriously...sight tight? idk I haven't been in enough buildings with armed psychopaths in my lifetime

I've been trying to sell that for months, and someone wants to buy it on the day that I'm in a possible hostage situation....
Quote by SG thrasher

Quote by The_Paranoia

Go Schneiderman!

break a chair, and use the legs as clubs in the event of a crazy dude entering. Just kiss him upside the cranium with that aluminum baseball bat chair leg
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
A monitor over the head helps. Just try to make sure everyone in the room is making as little noise as possible, and that they stay out of sight from someone just walking by the room. In all likelihood, these people aren't looking for hostages or just random people to kill at this point. If they cops are about and such, they probably just wanna get the **** out of there. So stay out of their sight and hearing.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
so your on lockdown...but on a computer? lol
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
thatd be so badass if you took on the gun man with a crucifix!
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?