I've been thinking about auditioning for a few local bands. And was wondering if anyone had suggestions about what to do prior to auditioning and when I get there. The bands are all metal/death metal btw.
practice alot. try to get ur sound right if u bring ur own stuff. learn some good, difficult death metal songs.
Sweeping,is what I'd recommend.

They typical are impressed by that,considering anything that sounds fast they think fits with generic metal...

Original material that sounds good,I think is a must.Who the Hell wants someone in their band that can't write any music?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
Who the Hell wants someone in their band that can't write any music?
I would...
Quote by Td_Nights
Sweeping,is what I'd recommend.

They typical are impressed by that,considering anything that sounds fast they think fits with generic metal...

Any band that would have you in just because you can sweep or whateva isnt worth being in, just be confident! have a couple of riff's to show off and do few random solo's n stuff as well to show your a capable musician..

..not that you can sweep or whateva at whateva speed.. if they are real amatures tho they might ask stuff like.. can you sweep pick lol
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him