Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, as you should probably know, especially you bassists and Metallica fans...

It's the anniversary of the death of Cliff Burton (R.I.P.) tomorrow (27th September).

I was just wondering if anyone is doing anything to commemorate him.

Me and my freind are performing an acoustic Metallica set (y)

xx
no im not doing anything. but he was was a ****in awesome dude.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
I warn you now...people that post after me will be pissed at you for this
I didn't know that. If I had any strings on my bass I'd whack out the awesome bass parts for Orion. But I don't. Damn
[quote="'[X"]']I warn you now...people that post after me will be pissed at you for this

Why?
R.I.P Cliff......one of the best bassistas metallica ever had

before there music went down the ****ter

*raises flame shield*
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
im gonna play one of his songs at band practice on 10 and make everyone listen to it!

r.i.p. cliff
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by MaxLees666
Why?

because everytime someone has a R.I.P dime thread or something like that...they spammed a LOT. I guess this just isn't as advertized. Still though.....RIP cliff
Quote by Alix_D
R.I.P one of the most over-rated, but still tragically killed, bassists of the last 50 years.

THIS THREAD IS FOR CLIFF...NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS!!
In school, they told me, "Practice makes perfect". Then they said, "Nobody's perfect", so I quit practicing.
Quote by Alix_D
R.I.P one of the most over-rated, but still tragically killed, bassists of the last 50 years.

Don't be daft Cliff was immense
To live is to die man, R.I.P
Member no.3 of the 'Jack Daniels is an Ignorant Prick' club
Quote by Spanky McGrits
THIS THREAD IS FOR CLIFF...NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS!!

Bit of a pointless thread if you're not even allowed to post an opinion as relevant as that.
Quote by Alix_D
Bit of a pointless thread if you're not even allowed to post an opinion as relevant as that.

Its not about opinions its about remembering cliff therefore people who dont appreciate him arent particularly welcome. Or relevant. If it was just a general "Cliff. Discuss" thread then it would be.
Quote by MaxLees666
Its not about opinions its about remembering cliff therefore people who dont appreciate him arent particularly welcome. or relevant

If it's about remembering him then why start a thread about it instead of...remembering him?

What could be more relevant than talking about him?
Quote by Alix_D
If it's about remembering him then why start a thread about it instead of...remembering him?

What could be more relevant than talking about him?

Just saying R.I.P. And answering the question the threadstarter asked. Then having a wank I guess.
Quote by MaxLees666
Just saying R.I.P. And answering the question the threadstarter asked. Then having a wank I guess.

It depends on if the wank is over Cliff, or using techniques harboured by copying from his style of playing, but i'm sure where there's a will there's a way.

Quote by Alix_D
It depends on if the wank is over Cliff, or using techniques harboured by copying from his style of playing, but i'm sure where there's a will there's a way.

Lol if you're using cliffs techniques thats a pretty good wank lol
RIP Cliff. You certainly helped create one of the most awesome bands in the world, no doubt about that. Great bassist, great composer, great person.
Dude, just delete the thread, their are thousands of dead musicians that people look up to, if we've made a thread about each one, we'd need a RIP Sub-forum, and no one wants that.

Just delete it, or I'll report, k?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by ep1kz
im gonna play one of his songs at band practice on 10 and make everyone listen to it!

r.i.p. cliff

if you played it on 10, then you would get stupid amounts of power amp distortion, try about 4-5ish, maybe 6.

I spend too much time in GG&A

but yeah, good bassist
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
^ As I've just said, if all of us would make a thread the day that our favourite musician died the forums would be packed with those threads.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by Twist of fate
Yeah but...what about Hendrix too?

Wait, is the the anniversary of his death too?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by BassistGal
^ As I've just said, if all of us would make a thread the day that our favourite musician died the forums would be packed with those threads.

for once, i disagree with bassistgal's opinion. i wouldn't have made a thread like this, nor do i like the 'omg, he died' thing in this forum, but cliff was possibly one of the most influential bassists in one of the most influential bands of the 80's, 90's and today.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
^ No, he wasn't, but thats a different point.

Ben Hamelech
Yeah but thats not for you to decide. You cant report someone when they havent done anything wrong
Quote by BassistGal

maybe not for you, but for others, he has been. There is also no denying that metallica were hugely influential

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by BassistGal

Oh stop being a dick or I'll ban you from bass chat (and that would suck cause I'm never there to UNban you)

RIP dude *blasts megadeth*
Yeah but thats not for you to decide. You cant report someone when they havent done anything wrong

But.. you did..

Ben Hamelech
Last edited by BassistGal at Sep 26, 2007,
Quote by MaxLees666
Its not about opinions its about remembering cliff therefore people who dont appreciate him arent particularly welcome. Or relevant. If it was just a general "Cliff. Discuss" thread then it would be.

Wow...First off, this is an internet forum, everyone is welcome whether you like or not buddy. Second, just because he thinks he is overrated doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate him a) as a bassist and b) as a person (It's usually sad when any person dies). And if all the threadstarter wants is for people to show remembrance to Cliff, why disagree with his post? While there is a difference between opinions of a fan and a critic, if the man show's Cliff some respect cut him a break for not being an obsessor.

R.I.P. Cliff
How long's he been dead now?

I see all these "RIP Cliff Burton" things in sigs and I mean, come on guys. He's been dead for ages. And most (hell probably all) of you never met him.
Page 1 of 2