do you reckon man on the moon by r.e.m. is hard enough, its gotta be of grade 3 standard to get top marks?

thanks

EDIT: i will be playing both guitar parts and the bass part
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Last edited by rhysm at Sep 26, 2007,
No way, that songs just a few chords.

Wait, grade 3 of 8 right? I'm not so certain about the grades, but it's just a few major and minor chords. I can't see it being hard enough...
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
grade 3? When i did it it was grade 4 to get top marks. You'll need something harder than that anyway
Quote by Rankles
No way, that songs just a few chords.

Wait, grade 3 of 8 right? I'm not so certain about the grades, but it's just a few major and minor chords. I can't see it being hard enough...

yea grade 3 of 8, ive got the song perfect after looking at it for the past hour and i was wondering whether i could use it as the piece

is there anything you would recommend, the same sort of thing, mainly acoustic guitar but with a solo to be played on electric or somthing?
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Hmm...

Does it have to be strummed? Do Kathy's Song or Scarborough Fair by Simon and Garfunkel if not.

If you want to strum it try... Nirvana, Man Who Sold The World.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I heard it has to be grade 4 standard to get full marks

BUT

you only get 5 marks for difficulty (I think), whereas accuracy is worth 15 marks. Therefore it's better to play an easier piece well than a harder piece sloppily.
i did hey joe (jimi hendrix's cover) for my gcse solo piece, it got me an A*
That's what she said
Thinking about it.

I played a piece by Coheed and Cambria which was just a basic verse, chorus, verse structure song with power chords and an easy solo. I got full marks for difficulty anyway, I think because its marked by your teacher though, its open for debate.
Quote by no lolage
I heard it has to be grade 4 standard to get full marks

BUT

you only get 5 marks for difficulty (I think), whereas accuracy is worth 15 marks. Therefore it's better to play an easier piece well than a harder piece sloppily.

maybe my school uses a different exam board to the one you've heard because we get marked out of 18 marks i think, 6 for difficulty, 6 for accuracy and 6 for somthing else but i cant remember of the top of my head
What's the frequency, Kenneth?

You know it makes sense
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.